Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: crash when recording loops
I dont know whats happening . can someone try this please. I was making recorded loops 8 beats when i did the entire virtual dj crashed and then the screen went to windows. I have been crashing lots lately . Im not new here either. Dev can you check my clog. Stretch

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 6:38 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not been able to reproduce, but it looks like you were trying to record a sample with some stems boosted/muted, possibly before the stems had finished loading?

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 7:04 pm
hi, no . it was a simple loop. 8 beat . nothing special ..

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 8:31 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
may be related to 480p bug (fixed in early access version)

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 8:34 pm
If I use BOTH Stems and Traditional EQ when recording a Loop to create a sample, VDJ seems not to like it and either crashes, stops working, hangs, or the sample created has pop/clicks in it.

VDJ works and records the sample perfectly if :

1) neither Stems or EQs are used
2) if only Stems is used
3 if only EQ is used

Only misbehaves when BOTH Stems and EQ are used.

And there maybe some interaction with gain (have not done the testing)

I have created a custom button with script save_config to use before I create samples now, to save my work.

More details here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/240065/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/VDJ_Cannot_record_sample_with_Both_Stems_and_EQ_on.html

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 11:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Thanks, managed to find the bug now.
It's a combination of using beats/hihats/kick stems and playing the song while recording the sample that could cause it.

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 6:26 am
you are amazing Adion keep up the awesome work... YAY

And I Love VDJ .. :)

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 6:55 am
very cool , that is the issue . Thanks for the advice. IM trying to stack stuff and make killer samples as i have 200 buttons to fill'

Inviato Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 5:13 am