Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Blur Black Bars FX not clearing video preview
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi, this is not a major issue but it can cause a little confusion.
Since the latest update (V8.5-64 b6677), if you are running the "Blur Black Bars" FX by Atomix on a deck, the video preview image for that deck will still be shown if you unload the file or load an mp3 track onto that deck, rather than turning black to indicate no video is loaded.
I am talking about the video preview for each deck, not the master output video preview.
The program still works fine and the correct audio track plays, it just causes slight confusion as to whether you have loaded the next track correctly or not.
If you turn off the "Blur Black Bars" FX on that deck, the video preview instantly turns black as before.
Thanks

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 3:02 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes there is an issue
"Blur Black Bars" FX keeps last preview visible on deck previews
Selecting the deck as video source (force_video or transition) still show black empty image in main output
Selecting the deck as source in skin video element shows the image

"Blur Black Bars" FX in Master video output still work OK, even all decks showing an image
Selecting the Master deck as source in skin video element shows the image
(Master DECK being in this case the "Master Tempo" deck not the Master video CHANNEL - just name confusing)

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 8:32 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Great as long as you are aware of the issue, I’ve not experienced any issues with actual playback of videos using blur black bars so it’s only “cosmetic”

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 9:05 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Not really "only" cosmetic because some videoskins can display preview i.e.: for live/broadcast or PiP
these ones are sensible to this issue as well

but yes it does not disturb simple video mixing

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 9:30 pm