Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: problem with ascii characters in get_text (denon hc4500)
Hello I have been doing tests with get_text and the use of the character map that appears in the user manual of my denon hc4500 to be able to send these characters to the lcd screen I am testing the following line:

get_text "\x"

where "x" represents the number in ascii of the character that I want to use, I realized that the command manages to represent up to character 127 being that the controller map contains 255 characters including symbols, characters with accents etc, after character 127 the controller shows the symbol "?" will it be possible to correct this fault?

greetings and thanks.

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 2:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Instead of using the ascii code, simply write the actual characters.

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 5:58 am
It is my problem, I have tried in all the ways but there are characters that are not on the keyboard, I have looked for some on the internet to later cut and paste, but when restarting the software they are erased in the .xml file and you have to write it again, but with get_text "\ x" they are not deleted, unfortunately it gives access to half of the list.

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 1:42 pm

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 2:05 pm
I already did the tests, I am mainly interested in using the arrow symbols corresponding to the ascii 172 173 174 and 175 unfortunately they do not work compiling and pasting from the ascii, will it be possible that the line "get_text '\ x'" works up to the number 255? currently only works until 126

Thank you

Inviato Thu 04 Nov 21 @ 4:54 am
So get_text "¬" doesn't work to produce character 172?

Inviato Thu 04 Nov 21 @ 10:13 am
nop shows "?" in display

Inviato Thu 04 Nov 21 @ 2:43 pm

Will it be possible to correct in the next updates? I have tried in many ways but cannot print character 172

Inviato Sat 06 Nov 21 @ 1:22 pm
Hello, will this have a solution?

Inviato Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 3:51 am
Looks like this will not be possible no

Inviato Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 5:38 am