Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Data Base Recurse and Tagging Issues - Page: 1
Hi everyone, I've been a Pro user for a long time but recently I added a new external drive so some of my music is on the new drive and some on my hard drive. I'm using a Mac and every time I open VDJ I have to recurse both folders for VDJ to see my music. Also if I look at one of the folders in VDJ and then look at the other it needs to be recursed again. Another thing I have noticed if I edit TAGs VDJ remembers the changes made to the songs on my External Drive but not the ones on my Hard Drive.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
Brent.

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 2:01 pm
Check your MAC OS security settings and make sure that you grand VirtualDJ write access on "Documents" folder (and on your external drive, but that seems to be already the case)

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 2:03 pm
Thank you, I think you might be on to something... next to Virtual DJ it has Removable Volumes and Desktop Folder ticked, I can't see how I add others though?

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 2:17 pm
Thank you, I think you might be on to something... next to Virtual DJ it has Removable Volumes and Desktop Folder ticked, I can't see how I add others though?

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 2:24 pm
Hi Phantom Deejay, I have granted VDJ Full Disk Access which seems to have done the trick, thank you so much :)

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 2:24 pm
Hi, actually this has fixed the tagging issue but I still need to recurse each drive when I reopen Virtual DJ otherwise the songs do not show, any ideas for that please?

Thanks Brent.

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 3:21 pm
Actually when I reopen VDJ, only my songs are showing on the external drive, when I Recurse the 2 drives/folders then all the songs show but the tags I have updated are showing on the external drive files but not the hard drive files?

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 3:38 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
most likely database is still in readonly mode for some reason
maybe a spurious thread in background not releasing the database

verify "first seen" time, in such case they all are the time the folder was recursed

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 21 @ 4:33 pm
Still having the same issues, it's not in read only mode :(
I have a filter folder to show all existing files and I have to recurse both my drives for all files to show and then add them to database each time I open virtual dj, any ideas anyone please?

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 4:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You don't get any message when opening message that there's a problem opening the database?
Should be a permission problem writing to the database.

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 4:45 pm
No I don't get any error messages.
I've just recursed all songs so showing in my 'Existing Filter' Folder, then highlighted all of them and added them to my database again. I've left it a while until my CPU is doing nothing to make sure VDJ has done everything it needs to, now I'm going to close VDJ and open again. fingers crossed!

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 5:04 pm
No that didn't work
When I reopened only the files on my external drive are showing in the 'Existing' Folder
If I recurse the External and Internal Drive and add them to database then they all show in the 'Existing'Folder
Also the tag changes that I made have not been saved for the Internal Drive files

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 5:08 pm
It looks like I have 2 Virtual DJ Folders, one on the external drive and one on the main hard drive, is that normal?

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 6:15 pm
brenthill wrote :
It looks like I have 2 Virtual DJ Folders, one on the external drive and one on the main hard drive, is that normal?

Yes. That way you can move the external disk to another laptop running VDJ, and it will instantly have all you know

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 6:37 pm
I just tried to start up VDJ without my external drive plugged in and no tunes show up in my exists folder so I guess VDJ isn't reading the VDJ Folder on my hard drive even though I have checked and it has all the right permissions

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 7:53 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
exist filter may fail :
Be sure your filter apply to database not folder only (may be difficult if scope do not match database, and no way to specify easily now) : (not a quick filter, created toplevel of filters

in settings:
Make sure ignoreDrives is 0
Make sure readOnly is set to no
Make sure searchInDB is set to yes

maybe the database is really corrupted
try to make a backup and delete it
then start VDJ in a way it creates a new one
and recurse your folder agin

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 8:45 pm
Did you check the modified date of the database in Documents\VirtualDJ\database.xml ?
Is it getting updated?

Inviato Sat 13 Nov 21 @ 5:01 am
Hi Database.xml - seems to be creating anew one each time, there is one that is call database.xml which isn't updated and there are others database1, database2, database3.xml , there are 53!
Perhaps I should rename the last one to database.xml and delete the rest or will I lose all of my TAGs etc.?

Inviato Thu 18 Nov 21 @ 2:24 pm
I think rather than updating Database.xml it is creating anew version of Database.xml (1,2,3,4,etc) each time
I'm not sure if this is right or what to do?

Inviato Thu 18 Nov 21 @ 2:48 pm
It is not VirtualDJ that creates these other files.
If you're on mac and you have your Documents folder syncronized with iCloud it's possible that it's unable to synchronize the changes with a database.xml on another computer causing it to create these numbered files.

Inviato Thu 18 Nov 21 @ 3:05 pm
83%