Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ stops running on controller
Hey everyone!
My dad does DJ at home but has a professional controller (Gemini G4v) and, in order to be able to use Virtual DJ, we got the 'Home Plus' licence.
The problem is that one hour after his being Mixing and everything, the controller stops working and he can only use the app, unless he close it and open everything again.
How could we solve this??

Inviato Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 6:44 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
An hour seems long, if you had audio config wrong it should grind to a halt in 10-15 minutes.
Erm, I still think wrong audio config, show us a picture of that as a start.

Inviato Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 6:51 am
Actually, before it happened the firsts 10-15 minuts...
I cannot send a photo right now, but i remember the audio settings:
Speaker - 2-Gemini G4v - channel 1&2
Headphones - 2-Gemini G4v - channel 3&4
Speaker - 2-Gemini G4v - channel 5&6

Inviato Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 9:37 am
Actually, before it happened the firsts 10-15 minuts...
I cannot send a photo right now, but i remember the audio settings:
Speaker - 2-Gemini G4v - channel 1&2
Headphones - 2-Gemini G4v - channel 3&4
Speaker - 2-Gemini G4v - channel 5&6

Inviato Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 9:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you could take some screenshots for us, we need to see ..
1. The message / pop-up you get when controller stops working (if you get any)
2. The Audio Setup tab of Settings (to make sure you only use Master & Headphones)
3. The MAPPING tab of Settings (to see if any other device is used/detected there)
4. The LICENSES tab of Settings (to make sure you are properly logged in and your license is listed)

Inviato Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 10:38 am
I share with you the photos to see if there's anything wrong.

BTW, thank you!

Inviato Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 8:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Screenshots can be taken from computer without a phone ;) https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-screenshot-on-windows

1st photo is not clear because i cant see what devices are connected - missing the top part - so not very useful.

2nd photo looks ok, your licenses is there, you are properly logged in.

3rd photo appears as if the controller is not connected. So it doesnt show the "GEMINI G4V" button under the "HARDWARE' tab and at the right side of your setup it shows "Error" for the G4V Audio device.
If this photo was taken with the controller connected, then your issue is probably on the USB connection (bad USB port of computer, bad USB cable, bad USB socket of controller)

BTW, you dont need the 2nd Master Output. I dont think the G4V has any further USB Audio channels than 1,2 (for Master) and 3,4 (for Headphones). Channels 5,6 may be offered in the drop down but that's probably faulty reported from driver, so remove it.

Inviato Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 9:38 pm
I wasn't home, so it was my dad who took the photos and might have not connected the controller (sorry about it, I'll resend the photos correctly).

And about the channels, there are 6 because he uses headphones, PA speakers and monitor speakers. Would that be right?

Inviato Wed 17 Nov 21 @ 12:22 pm
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
You only need master on channels 1,2 and headphones on 3,4
Connect your pa speakers to the master (xlr if possible) and your monitors to either the second master output (phono) or the booth output (phono). The booth may be preferable as you will then have separate master and booth volume controls (in the middle of the G4V).

Inviato Wed 17 Nov 21 @ 1:06 pm
Perfect! Thank you guys, i think it works now :)

Inviato Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 8:08 am
catthomas wrote :
he uses headphones, PA speakers and monitor speakers

PA speakers and monitors, for DJing at home? Must be a very big house with a large family. :-)

Inviato Sat 20 Nov 21 @ 10:39 am
Yeaah we live at the country side, so no neighbors and family parties hahah

Inviato Sun 21 Nov 21 @ 9:21 am