Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Modify Default Skin
KronsterControlleristMember since 2010
Hi there! I'm fairly new to VDJ and am having a great time with it and don't know much about scripting but I would like to slightly modify a default skin. Basically I'm looking at getting a DDJ-SX. I'm using a DDJ-400 now. The SX model has 4 decks and you switch using a deck select button. I do alot of 2 deck mixing so I don't care for seeing all four decks all the time in VDJ. So I would love to retain the look of the two deck with 4 deck functionality.

Here is what I would need done:
Basically, take a look at the 4 deck default. It has the 4 sets of sliders in the middle and 4 waveforms in the panel along the top. I would need this on a 2 deck view. Then, if you look at the 2 deck view, below where it says KEY, add a button for the deck swap 1/3 and deck 2/4 respectively on each side. I then could map the deck swap button of the DDJ-SX to this button in the skin. Lastly, if you look at the 6 deck view... you can see little mini views of the waveform with a simple play/pause trigger. Add those to the two deck view so each deck has the mini waveform below. That's it! Then, basically the deck swap style of the controller will be emulated in VDJ and a pretty sweet DDJ-SX skin. I would venture to say... someone could probably post this into the available skins because no specific DDJ-SX skin is posted there. Is there someone that could help me? I can work with someone by email on this and certainly share some screenshots of my current skin layout and proposed layout. Thank you so much!

Inviato Wed 17 Nov 21 @ 4:55 pm
A skin does not need to look like the controller. Also, all the physical knobs buttons and faders on the controller do not need to be shown on the screen (because you have real ones).

The best style of skin to use with a controller is one that only shows the things which are not on the controller - so browser, track info, waveform, info about what's assigned to the pads and effects.

Inviato Wed 17 Nov 21 @ 6:20 pm
I understand your perspective.. but every DJ is different... and I function better when I can visualize things a bit closer to my mixer functionality so if someone could please reach out to me to help with my few minor tweaks I would appreciate it! Thank you!

Inviato Thu 18 Nov 21 @ 1:59 am
I was able to resolve by selecting a "PRO" layout option because the default "4 Deck" option didn't have the look I needed. Glad I found this!

Inviato Thu 18 Nov 21 @ 9:10 pm