Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Distorted Output on Recordings.
Hello Guys,

Semi good with technical stuff and audio but no guru. Was wondering if someone could helpme.
Couple of things:

1. When recording audio via an external program such as OBS the playback of the audio is distorted and quality changes throughout playback of the file.

2. When streaming to Discord as example, my audience hears both my master output and my headphone output?

Does anyone have a suggestions to try? Would be greatly appreciated.

My setup is a Mixtrack Platium 3 connected to an external amp via the Red and white cable (RCA I think) and connected to the pc via USB.

Inviato Sun 26 Dec 21 @ 7:49 pm
Most likely it's a wrong audio setup.
Can you take a screenshot of your current audio setup ?

Inviato Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 7:48 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Most likely it's a wrong audio setup.
Can you take a screenshot of your current audio setup ?

Thanks for the reply. These settings work perfect for me when I'm playing/mixing for myself, but broadcasting it to any other software just seems broken in multiple ways.

Inviato Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 7:47 pm
The reason your audience is hearing the cue signal is that you've got master AND headphones going to the same output channels.

Supported controllers are plug & play, so you must have changed the setting yourself.

Use the default audio config.

Inviato Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 8:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 21 @ 8:57 am

Hey guys I noticed the image I uploaded was incorrect on my settings to what I would perform with. As I had been troubleshooting myself.

Please see the new image and if you have any suggestions based on this please let me know.

Also Is there somewhere I can share a video clip/vod of the issue?

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 21 @ 12:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The 2nd image shows Headphones on a different sound card, so you shouldnt get the Headphones output when Record/Broadcast.
Perhaps you have the CUE/MIX knob to MIX position ? but still doesnt make sense, unless you use the Heapdhones sound card for OBS input.
Do you hear the Headphones output on your main speakers (connected to the controller's Main Out) ?

You an upload your video to Youtube or any other server and share the link here.

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 21 @ 2:42 pm
djdad wrote :
The 2nd image shows Headphones on a different sound card, so you shouldnt get the Headphones output when Record/Broadcast.
Perhaps you have the CUE/MIX knob to MIX position ? but still doesnt make sense, unless you use the Heapdhones sound card for OBS input.
Do you hear the Headphones output on your main speakers (connected to the controller's Main Out) ?

Thank you for your reply. I thought you had got it when you said about OBS input, I thought I may have not set that up correctly but turns out I did (well I think I have)

The image shows OBS capturing the Mixtrack as audio output to the stream.

The linked video was recorded using OBS, so this is what my audience would hear during a live stream to any platform.

https://youtu.be/0L-uNLxzs0M

You an upload your video to Youtube or any other server and share the link here.

Inviato Thu 30 Dec 21 @ 8:54 pm