Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Audio Settings Reset on Launch
Hi,

I am using the latest version of Virtual DJ Professional with a Pioneer DDJ-800 and each time I launch VDJ there is a bit of a hang upon launch and when I then look at my audio settings they have reset to the default input/output for my controller. This is not what I want as I am sending a single master out to OBS Studio for my stream.

I've tried creating separate profiles and no matter what I do the same thing occurs every time on launch, all of the default DDJ settings return. It will keep my settings if I keep the controller turned off, so there is something about it being turned on that is making this occur.

Is there any way to prevent this from occurring?

Inviato Sun 09 Jan 22 @ 8:02 pm
there is a setting under options called 'audioAutoDetect', you could try setting it to 'no'

Pete

Inviato Sun 09 Jan 22 @ 11:19 pm
I appreciate the response but it had no effect. I believe that setting is tied to the recording option that doesn't start unless audio is detected.

Does anyone from VirtualDJ support read this forum? How do I file a bug with their engineering team?

Inviato Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 3:44 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The dev team read all the forums.

Inviato Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 3:48 am
The record audio detect is 'recordWaitForSound'.

I know some users who had this similar issue and changeing the 'autoAudioDetect' fixed it.

So no idea what to suggest now, looks like one for the devs.

Inviato Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 12:22 pm
MallMuzik wrote :
The record audio detect is 'recordWaitForSound'.

I know some users who had this similar issue and changeing the 'autoAudioDetect' fixed it.

So no idea what to suggest now, looks like one for the devs.

Yeah, I confirmed again my hovering my mouse over the setting. If the DDJ-800 is powered off the setting works, but even after deleting all the profiles, if I power back on the DDJ-800 the default settings load again and my setting are overwritten.

Inviato Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 5:24 pm
Bump. Anyone from VDJ engineering able to respond? It's been two days.

Inviato Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 8:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you post a screenshot of the Audio setup that you manually set, and another one showing what VDJ auto applies ?

Inviato Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 9:38 pm
djdad wrote :
Can you post a screenshot of the Audio setup that you manually set, and another one showing what VDJ auto applies ?

First image shows the proper setting (DDJ-800 is not powered on at this point), second shows what happens when DDJ-800 is powered on, and third shows what I see if I close VDJ and reopen with DDJ-800 powered on.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 8:21 pm
I should add that despite the config name showing differently after powering on the controller, switching to the other config does nothing. It still shows all of the same inputs and outputs.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 11:03 pm
Bump for visibility. Still waiting for a VDJ dev to acknowledge.

Inviato Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 1:39 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'm not sure what would automatically change the config.
You'd have to press the 'Use Soundcard' button on the detection window, the controller button in the audio config, or select a different profile manually for it to change normally.

Inviato Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 1:51 pm
Adion wrote :
I'm not sure what would automatically change the config.
You'd have to press the 'Use Soundcard' button on the detection window, the controller button in the audio config, or select a different profile manually for it to change normally.

I'm doing none of those things. Also, if the controller goes to sleep a similar thing happens when I wake it.

Inviato Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 10:43 pm
And since there is no official support here, I'm continuing to try and find a solution myself. If I open the audio settings, VDJ will not overwrite my saved settings.

Inviato Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 5:14 am
No official support .... 2 posts aboce yours Adion is CTO and lead developer.

Inviato Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 8:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just took a look at the mapping files, and indeed VDJ will force the default audio setup on startup based on the DDJ-800 Mic mode (hardware or software).

You can remove this force, by just editing the ONINIT key of the DDJ-800 mapping.
Delete the last part of the action and leave only the following ..

ONINIT key :
fake_master on & fake_hp on & fake_hpmix on & deck all filter_activate off

Inviato Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 9:10 am
djdad wrote :
Just took a look at the mapping files, and indeed VDJ will force the default audio setup on startup based on the DDJ-800 Mic mode (hardware or software).

You can remove this force, by just editing the ONINIT key of the DDJ-800 mapping.
Delete the last part of the action and leave only the following ..

ONINIT key :
fake_master on & fake_hp on & fake_hpmix on & deck all filter_activate off

That did it! Thank you very much!

Inviato Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 5:24 pm