Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Waves plugins not working in 6833
Hi, I have used Waves Plugins with VDJ for several years. Either as standalone or in a Studio Rack configurations. I run the 64 version of VDJ.

In Build 6833. none of the Waves plugins load properly and do not work.

Let me know if you need more info, or if I can be of help in fixing this issue.

Thank you,
RiotGrrrl

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 22 @ 3:36 am
i have never been able to get them to work myself

kinda curious how you had them working before

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 22 @ 11:39 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you able to say: compared to which version where it worked?

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 22 @ 1:41 pm
@ DJCEL

I meant to say that they work fine in b6800 VDJ.

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 22 @ 2:46 pm
@WICKEDMIX

As I have found with most plugins, in order for them to have a chance to work they must be in the correct VDJ folder. In my case that folder is
D:\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins64\SoundEffect

that path could be expanded into folder subfolders such as
D:\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins64\SoundEffect\Waves

I also will on occasion use Plugins from Izotope and others.

I find that moving the .dll and .ini from the plugin directly into the earlier mentioned folder is key but not always necessary.

For Waves plugins specifically, using the software version of the Waves Studio rack will give you more control over order of flow and other very helpful things. Also, using Studio Rack moves much of the effect processing out of VDJ.

here's a quick video of Studio Rack running with my Master Buss settings. Waves Abby Road mastering plugin is shown and a brief glance at LoAir near the end.

https://gyazo.com/d4f47c433b01e3863153db5efb7e43dfhttps://gyazo.com/d4f47c433b01e3863153db5efb7e43df

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 22 @ 3:00 pm
Thanks I'll have to try the studio rack

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 22 @ 5:48 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Regarding the issue, do you mean that the plugin winow doesn't open or there are not listed anymore in vdj?

Can you test with another setting for "experimentalSkinEngine" ?

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 22 @ 3:57 am
The issue in b6833 is that the Waves plugins are not opening in their native windows and instead are trying (I guess) to open in the VDJ plugin window. In b6800 and all previous that I have used the Waves plugins open in their native plugin windows. Plugins from Izotope and others DO open in their native plugin windows in b6833 and before.

Switching skin engines has not effect on the issue.

Attached are two pictures. One is off b6800, which works properly with Waves plugins, and the other is of b6833 which does not work with Waves Plugins.

Explanation of pictures:

b6800 Waves.png shows three plugins and there native plugin windows. The plugins are from Waves, Sonible, and Izotope. The red circle indicates VDJ version. Blue circle indicates that no VDJ plugin window is open.

b6833 Waves.png also shows three plugins but only the ones from Sonible and Izotope have open navtive plugin windows. The Waves plugin in this version tries to open in the VDJ plugin window as indicated by the blue circle. The red circle indicates the VDJ version. (NOTE: The fact that this picture shows an open song should be ignored as whether a song IS or IS NOT open has no bearing on the problem.)

Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks
RiotGrrrl

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 22 @ 4:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Thanks, problem found, a fix will be available shortly

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 22 @ 4:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be fixed in 6839

Inviato Sat 12 Feb 22 @ 7:34 am