Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: color rules
color rules. is there also a possibility to display the color rules in the browser in the same order?

Inviato Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 9:05 pm
Doesn't anyone have an answer?

Inviato Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 3:04 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
colour filters just read the list and apply a colour. Nothing to do with the order.

Inviato Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 3:32 pm
it would be a great help if the colors are displayed in the browser in the order in which the filters are configured. Is it possible to do that in the future?

Inviato Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 6:52 pm
I don't understand exactly what you are asking, since the color rules are currently applied to the tracks in the browser based on the order (position) of the rule in the list of color rules.

For example if your first color rule in the list was:
 Red      Exists=1

and second rule was:
Green    Already Played=1

So one would never see the track turn green after it was played.. since the color rule Exists would color it first.
One would need to reverse the order of the color rules, for them to be more useful, (for color green to be applied, before the red, exists, rule is applied) allowing the track to change to green showing, the green already played track color.

Another way of thinking about it, is the rules are applied from the bottom of list to its top, and the upper rule re-colors the lower rule, so the browser displays the tracks all, with the last color applied.

Don't know if that is what you are asking?

Inviato Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 7:08 pm
Here is my color rule and this is how it is displayed in the browser.
It would be nice if the files were sorted in the order of the color rule.

Inviato Sun 20 Feb 22 @ 1:19 pm
OK .... now I understand what you wish to do.. and yes that is not currently available, and would, if added as a feature.. need a checkbox, or choice for each rule... as to whether color rule sorting would be allowed, since for most, and all the color rules I currently use, one would not want color rule sorting to occur.

And things could get confusing .. if the color rule sorting, was overriding the sorting done by the browser columns? (which from your example, you would like the color rule sorting to override your selected browser sorting, to somewhere place a 135 BPM track above a 142 BPM track while the browser is ordering them in BPM descending order) Could get confusing quickly, just saying.

You can ask for it in the wishes section, though.

And maybe there is a clever way to do it with quick filters or script to reorder sorting of browser columns ONSONGLOAD.

Inviato Sun 20 Feb 22 @ 7:04 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
...maybe there is a clever way to do it with quick filters or script to reorder...

There isn't, colour rules are cosmetic only, as far as browser sort is concerned, tracks are the colour as set by the database not the colour filter.

Inviato Sun 20 Feb 22 @ 7:16 pm
locodog .. I was thinking that filters or sorting scripts, could be created with the identical rule as the color rule, If this type of sorting is possible at all.. and NOT to query the color rule, applied color.

And I do not know what would be wanted with such resorting, and how that would look in the browser with applied column sorting also.

And if at all possible, you are the one to know :)

And as I have mentioned, I would not want the color rules reordering the tracks in the browser, for any color rule I currently use. And don't know how that would work really, if it was possible.

Inviato Sun 20 Feb 22 @ 7:22 pm