Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ continually disconnects during broadcasting
Title says it all. When I go to broadcast, I continue to get get disconnected from my stream and it makes DJing frustrating. This has only need a recent thing. I have been using VDJ for almost anyway now. Only difference is I switched from icecast to shoutcast. Could that be the issue?

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 4:03 am
Does it happen immediately? or after some duration?

If its right away, it might just be wrong settings, such as wrong bitrate for what the shoutcast server is set to accept etc

And if not, its likely something with your network. Broadcasting at higher quality or bitrate than what you used to do with icecast for example

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 7:46 am
It happens after some time. Sometimes it’s like one in a broadcast other times it’s like 6-7 drops. Can I just lower the bitrate? I am set to the bitrate my stream service offers.

Inviato Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 2:03 am
You should use the stream settings (and bitrate) that the stream service tells you to ideally.

But you can try lower the bitrate, and see if that helps (And if so, an indicator your network upload speed is too slow). But if you are on a decent or even half decent internet connection speed, its perhaps not very likely that this is the problem.

Perhaps rather check if the wifi signal is good, consider using lan cable instead of wifi, and if whole family is using internet at same time (netflix , gaming etc) that might be challenge.

You can also ask the streaming service is there are any error logs, but my best bet would be your internet connect quality

Inviato Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 5:11 am
Yeah I have been working on my upload speed and this is the best I can get it

Inviato Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 6:54 pm
oh wow.. thats more than plenty ;-) so thats not it

Inviato Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 9:46 pm
Maybe ask the streaming service provider if they also experience same from other broadcasters.
You said you recently changed from Icecast to Shoutcast, perhaps some issues their end.

and triple check that you are at the bitrate they tell you to use, since using different bitrate than shoutcast is set to use can cause auto kick of the stream

Inviato Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 9:47 pm