Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: A&H Xone:96 mixer soundcard 32 Bit 96 kHz
jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

I'm testing the latest VDJ beta with a recently purchased A&H Xone:96 mixer. Once the asio drivers are installed, VDJ only allows me to configure it as a sound card at 44khz, unlike Traktor which reaches the maximum which is 32 Bit / 96Khz. I have tested both directly and through the asio control panel.

Can this be fixed somehow?

Thanks.

Inviato Tue 08 Mar 22 @ 11:18 am
Probably open the asio driver, and change there
did you try that?

Inviato Wed 06 Apr 22 @ 10:59 pm
Yes i tried that.

Sorry, from there i can´t.

The control panel has no option to set 96Khz.

Please, look at the screenshots to see that in Traktor and Mixxx there is an option inside preferences to configure it.

Thanks.

Inviato Thu 07 Apr 22 @ 6:09 pm
are you able to change the sample rate setting under Virtual dj option page?

Inviato Thu 07 Apr 22 @ 8:59 pm
I think this option is not the output quality of the Sound Card, but rather the internal samplerate of VirtualDJ.

If set to auto, VirtualDJ will use the samplerate recommended by your sound card.

As a rule, a bigger samplerate DOES NOT mean a better sound quality, on the opposite. The best quality is when your source file, internal samplerate, and sound card, all use the same value.

Inviato Mon 11 Apr 22 @ 12:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If the ASIO driver supports it, then the samplerate will be set to the samplerate selected in VDJ, so it should work to select 96000 in VDJ.
But, as you said yourself, a higher samplerate does not result in better quality so there is not really any need to use 96kHz in the first place.

Inviato Mon 11 Apr 22 @ 12:51 pm