Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Songs being removed from my playlist
This afternoon, I opened my VirtualDJ to go through some songs I had been carefully curating for the past three months for a gig next week. When I went to the playlist and started scrolling through my songs, more than half of my songs had been removed from the playlist, they were still on my computer and I know that I didn't remove them. I have no backups and I am pretty stressed. What do I do?

Inviato Sun 13 Mar 22 @ 4:28 pm
Yestedayi had the same problem, songs dissapear from my virtual folders, when i close vdj and startup again they are back?. Please helppp

Inviato Sun 13 Mar 22 @ 4:44 pm
edmulder wrote :
Yestedayi had the same problem, songs dissapear from my virtual folders, when i close vdj and startup again they are back?. Please helppp

external drive that got disconnected ? (or turned "off" by power saving feature)

Inviato Sun 13 Mar 22 @ 7:51 pm
no both not??

Inviato Mon 14 Mar 22 @ 11:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Quick filter active perhaps?

Inviato Mon 14 Mar 22 @ 12:00 pm
no also not???

Inviato Mon 14 Mar 22 @ 12:23 pm
They are still not back and it isn't Quick Filter

Inviato Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 4:19 pm
Same issue here just happened to me.

Been trying to make a playlist, add 80 songs to it. A few minutes later the playlist is down to 40. I re-added songs and a few minutes later back down at 38 this time.

Inviato Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 6:27 pm
dmuziiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I, too, am having the same issue. Seems to have happened after this last update.

I have a macbook pro on OS Monterey 12.2.1. VDJ release v8.5-arm 6878.

Inviato Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 10:19 pm
Been investigating more, with not much to share. I did talk with Support and they stated they are unaware of this issue. Never had it until the new release however now even reverting back to old releases still have the same behavior.

It does tend to happen more when editing a playlist, I'll add a few songs and 20 will get deleted. If I don't make changed to the playlist, it seems to be ok.

I'm about to write some code to identify what is causing it to change. Is it the pfiles that are updating it? Is it virtual DJ bug? Not sure

Inviato Sun 10 Apr 22 @ 2:30 am
Been having pretty good luck. I did a complete uninstall of VDJ, deleted all the folders on both my external HDD and Internal, deleted my Itunes Music Library database and then emptied the recycle bin then restarted the computer.

Downloaded build 6732, and installed it with my external drive unplugged. After it launched, I went into settings and removed the values from iTunesDatabase file,and Serato Folder.

Launched VDJ, and closed it. Plugged in my hard drive, and reopened VDJ.

Created two playlists both over 200 songs, tried removing songs from them, adding more, removing more. Neither playlist has deleted files and both are still holding strong.

I suspect that iTunes is changing the playlist when files are added as there are background processes that always run even when it is closed(I'm using a mac with Monterey 12.3.1 installed). Doing it this way I have encountered no errors. Could also be a bug in later versions of VDJ.

If things change with my playlist and stuff gets deleted, or I find more information out I will post again.

Inviato Sun 10 Apr 22 @ 3:35 am
Just was making a new play list and this happened again, so it did not fix the issue. I've tracked it down to virtual DJ is doing something I just don't know what.

Inviato Mon 11 Apr 22 @ 8:10 pm