Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: mapping per deck
Hi,

I'd like to be able to control these stems :
. Vocal
. Instru
. Beat
. Bass

Right now I'm using the EZRemix eq mode but it's missing the bass.
Would it be possible to put it on the filter knobs of deck 3 and 4?

I tried to map it but I can't figure out how to map per deck.

Thanks

Inviato Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 8:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
action_deck 1 ? ... : action_deck 2 ? ... : action_deck 3 ? ... : action_deck 4 ? ... :

Inviato Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 10:50 am
Thanks for the tip on mapping per deck

I tried that :
action_deck 1 ? filter : action_deck 2 ? filter : action_deck 3 ? stem "FullBass" : action_deck 4 ? stem Bass

but it doesn't work

Inviato Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 11:16 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Is "fullBass" a stem name ? I'm not sure it is, but it might be.

remember you've also got to specify the software deck if you're wanting if the deck associated with the real slider isn't that deck.

action_deck 1 ? ... : action_deck 2 ? ... : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 stem 'bass' : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 stem 'bass' :

Inviato Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 11:28 am
You're right. Fullbass is not a stem name, only fullvocal, fullmelo and fullrhythm.

This works for me :
action_deck 1 ? filter : action_deck 2 ? filter : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 stem 'bass' : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 stem 'bass'

Thank you

Inviato Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 7:39 pm
Hi,
If I cut the Bass stem with the eq knob first and after I touch the Instru stem with the eq knob the bass will come back fully.

Edit : it does the same if I touch vocals and drums, the bass will go back to normal.

Inviato Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 7:34 am
I am not sure what exactly you mean (apologies if I am not answering your question), but the nature of FullXxxx stem control is that once you touch them, they influence other stems in a very abrupt way. So if you turned down i.e. bass stem and then you start doing anything with i.e. FullMelo or FullVocal, the Bass stem is immediately reverted to the center (0.5). I prefer to use individual stems for this reason, I do not use them for isolation, only for muting, and combine them with stemPads for isolation.

Inviato Wed 27 Apr 22 @ 5:41 am
Hi Bowie Groove,
It's exactly my pb.
Your method is the 5 stems setting in eq control I guess.
I tried it but how could I have hi-hat and kick on the same knob?

Inviato Wed 27 Apr 22 @ 6:53 am

Inviato Thu 28 Apr 22 @ 2:47 pm