Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Up and down directional keys
In older versions of vdj...when the cursor was active in the search bar...the up and down directional keyboard keys would navigate out of the search bar and execute keyboard shortcuts i had mapped to the down key for example(browser_zoom & browser_scroll -1)
With current builds,these keys DO NOT deactivate the search,but in my script that i used above in an example,only the browser_scroll part of the script works...until i manually exit the search bar by clicking somewhere else on the screen or use the ESC key(then the complete script works)
For convenience sake i mapped this shortcut so as to improve my flow;search for a song>use the down key to exit the search & start scrolling downwards in the results in a big browser mode all in one movement...another example of my flow being affected by this is for example i search a song,see it but want to go to it's containing folder,i have mapped the spacebar to do this,but of course if i press spacebar while in search,no command is executed.
I know i can train myself to click somewhere on the screen to deactivate search and then use the down key and spacebar etc but i got so accustomed to the down key deactivating search(i think when pressed twice with my script above) and also the down key and up key serves no purpose activated in the search bar as it does nothing(whereas the left and right have purpose)..and also the ESC clears the entire search input while deactivating the search..so all in all,just a kind request to have at least the down key work as before...

Inviato Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 4:09 am
Up and down keys deactivates my search and starts going up and down in the file list (the search results, usually) like expected. I'm using latest public version (b6886)

I don't know why your installation is different?

Inviato Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 8:24 am
latest build im using...the down key scrolls the browser but does not deactivate search for me....

Inviato Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 4:37 pm
Anything on this?

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 2:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This is indeed by design so that you can still adjust your search if you are using keyboard only.
Also, shortcut keys in combination with ALT+ will still work even with the focus on the search bar.
Instead of ESC, which indeed clears the search, you can also use TAB to switch focus away from the search field without clearing the search.

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 5:23 am
Ok im sort of getting the hang of using the TAB button but i would certainly rather the way up and down was to work before..especially since they do nothing in the search

Inviato Sun 17 Apr 22 @ 1:16 pm
i have noticed that these keys scroll the browser even though they are unmapped...the thing is i have other stuff mapped to these keys and they are only activated when the search is off focus..i would really like for the old way to be re implemented or at least as an option...this little thing is messing my flow big time..i rarely remember to use tab everytime i search to unfocus from the search...
if not the right and left keys...at least the down and up keys should unfocus search..so i just have to press down two times..one to unfocus search and the other to execute the other commands mapped to the down key

Inviato Thu 29 Sep 22 @ 2:05 pm