Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Why can't I see any new tracks in VDJ 2021
I have recently moved my old database to a new computer (Win11). Almost everything is working fine. All my old playlists etc have swapped over and working great.
My problem is VDJ won't see any new songs that are added past the 11th of Jan. This date was the last time I added songs in my old database. When I drop load new tracks onto my computer. I can't see them in my folders inside VDJ. I have tried add to search database and all the usual things. If I plug a stick in with new songs. I can see the stick but I can't see the songs.
Can someone please help me?

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 12:59 pm
You need to visit the folder, and when open, VirtualDJ automatically adds the new songs (default)
Alternatively you can rightclick the folder or parent folder if multiple subfolders, and choose "batch = > add to search db"

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 1:08 pm
Sorry, after trying for hours, clicked "show music" in Options & Tweaks - Browser. Boom! can see them now. I forgot VDJ see all unread tracks as music until it reads them and then finds out they are videos. Unfortunately VDJ can't read them unless option of show music is yes.

Not sure why VDJ see's all new videos as music.

Nevermind. Can get back to work sorting tracks into virtual folders

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 1:14 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
DJSumice41 wrote :
Not sure why VDJ see's all new videos as music.

I wish that the Devs could make at least the MP4 and MKV files visible ;)

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 4:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If the extension is mkv or m4v they should be visible immediately.
mp4 can be either video or audio, so that's only known once the tags are read or the file is opened

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 5:32 pm
VDJ doesnt look for new files(as it should) you have open the folder where the new files are. One of the few negatives.

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 9:26 pm