Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pre-listen on XDJ-XZ
Can anyone propose the best way for pre-listen (i.e. when I want to add or edit PoIs or fix beat grid issues) on devices with HW mixer (and HW haeadphones control) such as XDJ-XZ? I know there is no way how to do this directly.
I had an idea to map the pre-listen on the channel 4 and use PFL Cue. I use it very sporadically, for sure I wouldn't be editing PoIs when mixing 4 channels simultaneously :) How to do this whilst keeping the channel 4 available for standart playback?
Or maybe add a dedicated soundcard and use it as an input 4 on XDJ-XZ. I would have to switch from line-in to PC and back. I guess this should always work but it is more complicated and thus less preferred.
Thank you

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 10:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Simply add a headphone output in audio config and set it to use the same channel as deck 4 is currently using.

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 12:30 pm
Thanks, I tried that, but I get all headphones via channel 4 then, which makes channel 4 useless. VDJ is somehow duplicating what I do on the HW mixer (I assume XDJ-XZ sends the PFL Cue button presses to VDJ via midi). How can I completely disable PFL Cue via Virtual DJ?

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 1:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could remove the pfl mapping, that way vdj has no idea about the hardware switches.

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 1:38 pm