Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Alpha Channel on Samples
Got a few video samples with alpha channels, properly encoded as HAP with Alpha. I have verified that if I drag these same files into Premiere or After Effects, the alpha channel is there.

Unfortunately the VDJ Sampler is ignoring the alpha channel completely. If I drag the "transparency" knob up a tick, I get some transparency, but all the black in the image is also transparent, and has rough edges where there should be shadows.

I'm on Monterey 12.4 on a M1 Max, VDJ 8.5-arm b6921

Inviato Mon 30 May 22 @ 7:37 am
Worked fine with some HAP files I tried earlier.
will try again

Inviato Tue 31 May 22 @ 12:45 pm
Thanks for trying. Are you on Windows or Mac?

If it's working on your end, may I send you one of my files to try? I'm using the open-source HAP encoder for Adobe Creative Cloud but it's always possible it's making non-standard files.

Inviato Tue 31 May 22 @ 1:05 pm
I also tried with the Quicktime Animation codec including alpha, and still no-go.

Inviato Tue 31 May 22 @ 1:11 pm
windows..

here is a short test video i did with HAP samples ages ago.. when testing it back then

But i will test again, maybe something changed, or maybe its on mac issues are

Inviato Tue 31 May 22 @ 1:19 pm
That looks great! And it's how it used to look the last time I used HAP samples a couple years ago. But something has changed and now it ignores the alpha channel in my videos.

Inviato Tue 31 May 22 @ 1:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Samples with an alpha channel were indeed not working correctly yet on M1 macs.
It will be fixed in the next update

Inviato Tue 31 May 22 @ 4:56 pm
Thank you Adion!!!

Inviato Tue 31 May 22 @ 8:11 pm
Just a quick note to report that the new build 6978 did NOT resolve the issue for me on an M1 Max. I saw it mentioned in the changelog but the alpha channel behavior is still the same, unfortunately.

Cheers.

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 9:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you send me one of your samples? It was working fine for the hap samples i have here.

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 1:06 pm
Adion wrote :
Could you send me one of your samples? It was working fine for the hap samples i have here.

Sure, what is the best way to send?

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 22 @ 10:25 am
Actually strike that, it's working! Turns out I have to remove the samples and re-add them to my sample banks, then it starts working. Thanks for the fix!

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 22 @ 10:30 am