Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Play sample at end of 5 part loop
Hi all,

Can anyone help clarify how to simplify grouping functions in VDJ script. For example now I'd like to decrease the loop size 50% 5 times and them play a sample when it completes. I tried the following:

repeat_start 'looper' 1000 5 & loop 50% sampler_bank 1 & sampler_play_stop 3

The problem with the above code is that is plays the sample every loop. I remember working on a problem similar to this a few years back but I can't seem to find my notes for it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 7:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
set count 0 & repeat_start 'looper' 1000ms 6 & cycle count 6 & var count 0 ? sampler_bank 1 & sampler_play_stop 3 : loop 50%

use a variable, cycle it, query it.

Inviato Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 10:48 pm
Thanks @Locodog.

Is there anywhere in this community forum that I can test or post user button scripts? I created 3 cool effect buttons that might be fun and workable for certain DJ's.

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 22 @ 11:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
there is a place for it, but open publishing rights meant a lot of junk got posted, so it was closed.
but it's still a thing but staff maintained.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples%20Database.html

If you want to share drop it in here
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/223743/General_Discussion/Script_School.html

if it meets the criteria for robustness then it will be included, if not then that's where it will be snagged, or caveats will be discussed
[staff will pluck & include good ideas from other threads but script_school thread is the space for criticism, feedback & revision]

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 22 @ 12:37 am
Thanks @locodog for the information. I posted a custom key I was working with.

BTW WOWWWW I just noticed your post on brackets in scripts. I definitely want to play with that in the next few weeks since I had a few instances a few years ago when I was playing with scripts that might have loved that new feature. How long ago did that update take place?

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 22 @ 1:03 am