Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New VDJ update crashing with UMC404HD drivers?
Haven't had problems for years and VDJ updated and will become unresponsive, I thought maybe my computer was finally pooping out so I bought a new computer installed VDJ program running and reinstalled my drivers for my UMC404HD interface and now VDJ has become unresponsive again, Uninstalled drivers VDJ would start running again.

Anyone else having these issues?

Inviato Sat 10 Sep 22 @ 10:09 pm
netsterPRO SubscriberMember since 2009
I am having exactly the same issue! Tracking it down has been a nightmare, I even reinstalled windows etc (still in the process of restoring my apps). Finally plugged out the UMC and virtualdj would fire up properly. Plugged it back in, it hangs again.

Did you get a solution?

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 9:12 am

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 11:17 am
proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have the same Issue with a Behringer 204HD. It is not persistent but happens often last 4 weeks.
VDJ hangs after start and shows an hourglass at mouseposition. The only way to get rid of this is to unplug, wait min. 10 sec and reconnect the Interface.

But I think it's not the Driver (V5.51.0), because it's installed since December 2022.

VDJ 7482 on NUC8i5BEH 16GB Ram, Win11 Pro 22H2 22621.1413, Behringer 204HD

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 12:18 pm
Definitely something that has happened in the last few weeks I would say. It is a shame that VirtualDJ doesn't produce a log file on crashing (?) I am going to try and contact beringher, not as straightfoward as it seems to to do that.

I wonder if it something to do with VDJ Stems functionality and audio drivers. Re the waiting 10 minutes a plugging in again, did you get this to work? My crash/hang is consistent every time the program is launched with the device connected. I would try ASIO4ALL but the point at which VDJ lets you configure this is PAST the point at which the program crashes

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 5:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In your case a crash was logged, and the crash does look like it was happening in the windows audio driver.
It also looks like you were using asio4all, so that could be the cause of the crash too. There should be no reason to use asio4all with virtualdj anyway so you could try to just use wasapi instead.

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 5:38 pm
Hi there, only tried used ASIO4ALL because the VDJ was crashing with using the UMC only.

I got in contact with Berhinger, who are making the point that if the interface is working fine with other applications (which it appears to be), they are suggesting it would be the VDJ software? I see their point, caught between a rock and a hard place it seems.

Did the crash log you can see suggest what the issue is?

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 8:39 pm
Happy to go back to the UMC driver only, so you can contact me with what the log file is saying?

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 8:41 pm
netster wrote :
I got in contact with Berhinger, who are making the point that if the interface is working fine with other applications (which it appears to be), they are suggesting it would be the VDJ software? I see their point, caught between a rock and a hard place it seems.

It seems that's not correct
I'm not saying that Behringer is lying - but they maybe haven't connected the dot's yet, if it's something like an OS update causing it
Because the latest reviews (both from this month) on their own homepage for the unit are about similar issues - and that's not from VDJ users:

Form here:
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BK1

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 10:35 am
TELOWEHome userMember since 2018
Having the same issuses with no fixx.... PLEASE HELP

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 23 @ 12:00 am
TELOWE wrote :
Having the same issuses with no fixx.... PLEASE HELP

You can't - there are 2 different local issues described in the thread, and the new update used in the first post is now 5+ versions old

So please describe exactly what is wrong on your laptop

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 23 @ 2:20 am