Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Three questions
THREE QUESTIONS (latest VDJ for Windows, running Windows 10)

First, the background again: I’m back to DJ’ing for free and for fun (the way I started, back around 1980.) One thing that hasn’t changed is my will to avoid a malfunction while people are dancing (the stuff of nightmares). That leads to my first question.

1.) What in the world might cause the music to go silent for a few seconds 2/3 of the way thru a track? It only did it once a couple of hours of play time ago, but it was enough to fear it happening again. I’ve since played the same track all the way thru without a hiccup.

2.) Also, when I use VDJ’s search feature I still get results for a folder that no longer exists. (I thought the fix would be to delete “histories.” So I did, but it’s still happening.)

3.) Finally (for now), is there a way to disable functions and features within VDJ and will doing so disable them on my controller? (Mine is a DENON MC4000.) I’m old school in addition to old, and hardly any of the bells and whistles interest me. In fact, most of them make me nervous.

Thanks

Inviato Sun 02 Oct 22 @ 2:06 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
contontos wrote :

2.) Also, when I use VDJ’s search feature I still get results for a folder that no longer exists. (I thought the fix would be to delete “histories.” So I did, but it’s still happening.)

Hello
to do this, click on the small 'browser options' button located in the left column just below.
Database => remove missing files from DB search

contontos wrote :

3.) Finally (for now), is there a way to disable functions and features within VDJ and will doing so disable them on my controller? (Mine is a DENON MC4000.) I’m old school in addition to old, and hardly any of the bells and whistles interest me. In fact, most of them make me nervous.

go to config => Options
and see if you can disable the options you want.

Inviato Sun 02 Oct 22 @ 8:35 am
Thanks SO much. That first instruction seems to have nailed it. The "config" one is good. Apparently I was in there at some point before the 2020 shut-down here in CA. I vaguely remember changing some of the settings I saw in there, disabling them as best I could. (I don't know what most of them do.)

FWIW, I don't use most of the features. Even when I was as busy as I could stand thru the 80s and 90s I never even got as high tech as to use the cross-fader. However, I do like that search feature. That's magical.

Anyway, thanks again.

Inviato Mon 03 Oct 22 @ 12:58 am
FroguiHome userMember since 2022

try different skins where there are few functions. Will you find a simple one that is better

Inviato Mon 03 Oct 22 @ 1:20 pm
Not a bad idea. Thanks. 👍

Inviato Wed 05 Oct 22 @ 4:23 am