Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ keeps resetting settings.
jartlettPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
So I´m having a worrying issue here, I really hope somebody can help. I booted up VDJ an hour ago to rehearse for an upcoming gig. Immediately I notice all my settings are gone, its back to vanilla. Other than me being signed into the software. Not a huge worry, these things happen.

I go about restoring my settings one by one, hoping I have all of them. After I think I have them all sorted, I start practicing, keeping an eye out for any I´ve missed. There´s none, fantastic.

Then the real problem comes. Completely unprompted. I´m playing away, and the software closes for a few seconds, and then reboots in vanilla again, MID GIG.

Its one thing if I have to save a settings file somewhere, thats fine, but to have that kind of interruption mid gig is a crisis. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Win10
OS and Program both updated to latest version.

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 12:51 am
are you logged into the machine with the same account that was used to install virtual dj?

that or somehow you lost write permission to the location of the settings file
/documents/virtualdj/

these are my guesses :-)

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 12:27 pm
The one setting kept when it happens is my login... useful, as I have paid for a licence. It doesn't seem to have issues with write permissions either, as playing around with the settings does update the settings file, until it resets. I have a saved settings file with my preferred settings, but my main fear is that this will happen during a gig. :(

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 9:53 pm
It can't happen if the software is running.

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 10:21 pm
user23889315 wrote :
my main fear is that this will happen during a gig

You should not be doing gigs unless you have a full Pro license. The Controller licenses are for home use only.

Inviato Sat 22 Oct 22 @ 8:51 am
@Groovindj: Its an unpaid gig in a friends garden for his birthday. Not in a club or something. Also, irrelevant and unhelpful. I paid a licence for home use of this controller, and thats effectively all I do.

@kradcliffe: I thought the same thing.

Inviato Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 8:07 pm
Sounds like it was a crash and restart but the .exe got locked and the newly opened session couldn't accesd the database.

A reboot usually sorts this.

Inviato Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 8:21 pm
user23889315 wrote :
Its an unpaid gig in a friends garden for his birthday

In your first post, you said that VDJ rebooted mid gig. In your next post you were concerned that it would happen during a gig. That implies more than one gig. One that you've done, where the reboot occurred, and at least one other upcoming.

People can only respond to what's been written.

It's completely relevant, as it's the terms and conditions of the VDJ license.

Inviato Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 8:31 pm
"Groovindj: When I say 'mid gig', I mean while I'm playing. I was at home, in my room, on my own. Perhaps 'mid-session', or 'mid-performance' would be less confusing. I was practicing for my friends birthday. Is that ok with you? Thank you very much for your help.

Inviato Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 8:48 am