Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tidal Hifi plus quality settings?
Hi there,

I consider switching from rekordbox to VirtualDj. Using Tidal to discover and create raw playlists.
In the browser list I activated the Bitrate filter and to my surprise there were tracks loaded as AAC with just 96kbs. The other with 320kbs. Since I'm using Tidals Hifi subscription I'm able to get wav quality streams.

Is there an option which I could not find to determine which quality the tracks get pulled? Or in other words can I force Virtualdj to pull wave version of Tidal?

Inviato Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 12:15 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
netsearchAudioQuality is the name of the option

Inviato Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 12:18 pm
I already had that set to lossless but with no success. That why I wanted to know if I may missed something. After researching about Tidal on some Hifi lover forums there seems to be an issue that Tidal may only provide 96 aac for some tracks even for the Hifi Plus customers... They offer a support link to request a higher quality version. I guess this is the case here even though that artist is not unknown in that genre.

Inviato Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 12:05 am
If you post the artist and title..of a track of concern, I will check to see what format and bitrate I am getting from Tidal.

Have seen only flac lossless tracks, that I can remember.

Inviato Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 12:37 am
Mike8040 wrote :
there seems to be an issue

It's not an issue. All Tidal subscriptions state that the bit rates are "up to" a certain kbps.

Only the tracks provided to Tidal by the label or artist at that bit rate will be available to you. Some labels/artists will only provide their tracks at a lower bit rate.

Inviato Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 12:43 pm