Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: More detailed changelog?
Hi all,

Installed the latest early-access update (b7403) and found that it broke a number of my scripts.

Is there a more detailed changelog where we can see the changes made to vdjscript in this version?

Thanks!

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 10:36 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which script broke? I don't think there have been any significant script changes

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 10:59 am
I had buttons with scripts to echo out just the acapella, and just the instrumental. Neither of them is working anymore. Also my instrumental-only beatgrid script switched to continuous beatgrid rather than a single bar then deactivating.

For now I went back to the release version as I have gigs for the next three days and it all works again.

Cheers

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 11:17 am
So here's one of the problems in b7403:

padfx "echo out" 80% 1bt "stemfx:MeloRhythm"
works fine

But change MeloRhythm to Melody, and it does echo out on the complete track.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 12:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Melody was indeed missing after the change separating stem fx from regular effects.

Since the effects are now separate from the deck effects, note that either all custom settings have to be specified within the padfx script, or to customize them through the gui, you have to open the gui of the effect for the specific stem
effect_show_gui "rhythm" "Beat Grid"

Can you post the code you had for acapella/instrumental echo out?

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 12:55 pm
Sure, appreciate the help.

This is my button for echoing out the instrumental but keeping the vocal+rhythm:

var "StemEcho" 0 ? padfx_single "Echo Out" 70% 1bt "stemfx:Melody" & set_var "StemEcho" 1 : effect_active "echo out" off & effect_stems Melody off & set_var "StemEcho" 0

I keep track of which stems are currently echoed out using the StemEcho variable so that I can take appropriate action in the other scripts.

In regards to the custom settings for the effects, how do I specify the parameters for Beat Grid? It doesn't seem to be documented anywhere and I don't understand how to translate the GUI settings into a script command.

Thanks again for all the help.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 2:06 pm
For Beat Grid, I am able to open the UI using the script snippet you posted (for Rhythm), but not for MeloRhythm.

Likewise, I'm able to open the UI for Instru, but can't activate Beat Grid for Instru.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 2:36 pm
I think the beatgrid pad on the stems+fx padpage is both rhythm and instruments, so shouldn't it be:
effect_show_gui "instrumental" "Beat Grid"
... to get the effect pop-up to adjust it?

I've added this to the menu on the pad page
Beat Grid Pattern Instrumental +[effect_show_gui "instrumental" "Beat Grid"]
Beat Grid Pattern rhythm +[effect_show_gui "rhythm" "Beat Grid"]

- then I have access to the GUIs, regardless if I use
padfx "Beat Grid" "stemfx:MeloRhythm"
or
padfx "Beat Grid" "stemfx:Rhythm"

Anyways... I think that something like that should be added to the pad page menu as a standard :)

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 2:38 pm
Thank you Klaus! I was using "Instru" which works sometimes but seemingly not others, using the full word "Instrumental" worked to activate Beat Grid. Appreciate it!

Edit: Spoke too soon. Using the code:
padfx "Beat Grid" 0.57 "stemfx:Instrumental"

Activates the beat grid on the entire summed track, not just the instrumental stems.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 2:42 pm
I've changed my post a bit

That works for me - the vocals are not affected in any of the 2 cases

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 2:54 pm
Thanks again Klaus, I still have the issue of some stem shortcuts not working either to display the UI or to activate effects with, but I was able to get it to properly work with the stems when it is active. Ended up needing to restart VDJ and then it just worked without modification.

Good tip about adding the UIs to the menu too. Cheers!

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 3:16 pm
christianwheel wrote :
Thanks again Klaus, I still have the issue of some stem shortcuts not working either to display the UI or to activate effects with, but I was able to get it to properly work with the stems when it is active. Ended up needing to restart VDJ and then it just worked without modification.

Good tip about adding the UIs to the menu too. Cheers!

Yes the new implementation where there a lots of new stems effect slots to be able to do effect on multiple combinations of stems at the same time, is a bit of a wild beast, that we probably need to learn how to control
But it is indeed very powerful :)

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 3:39 pm
I did a video on it

... but I have a feeling the it's going to be a short lived video, since I think Stems FX will keep getting enhanced :)

Inviato Sat 14 Jan 23 @ 4:26 pm
Awesome video Klaus..

Thanks ! !

Inviato Sat 14 Jan 23 @ 11:14 pm