Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issues using DDJ-1000 for midi and DJM-900NXS2 for audio
DJ1U7PRO InfinityMember since 2015
I'm trying to do the following with Virtual DJ:

1) Use my Pioneer DDJ-1000 as a midi controller AND
2) Use my Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 for receiving the digital master out of the audio

When I have the DDJ-1000 plugged in it works great. The moment the DJM-900NXS2 is plugged into the computer, the filter on the DDJ-1000 stops working (even though no audio settings have changed - the "Audio" page in Virtual DJ looks exactly the same as it did before the NXS2 was plugged in.

My question is this: is there a way to create mixes on the DDJ-1000 with everything functioning normally, only capture the master output digitally via the DJM-900NXS2? And if not, is there another way to capture the master output digitally without changing the functionality of the DDJ-1000 (ie losing the filter)? I know I can record it using the record feature in Virtual DJ, but I am ultimately wanting to capture the live digital signal in a DAW on another computer.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 3:19 am
The way you're trying to make things work is not really advised (for many reasons) but you can "hack" your way by remapping DJM-900NXS2
Simply delete all the contents from the <ONINIT> key of the mapper.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 9:16 am
Hi PHANTOMDEEJAY, thanks for the response. I've done quite a bit of digging through this forum's archives and I've come across so many of your posts that have been knowledgeable and helpful, so I want to thank you for that as well.

I do tend to do things in ways that are not common, so this overall ability to customize is the main reason I've chosen to use Virtual DJ over Serato and Rekordbox (both of which I own). Being able to make these types of setups work is very important to my work, so I appreciate you hanging in there with me.

So, I went in and deleted all the information from the <ONINIT> portion of the 900NXS2's mapping. However, I'm still getting the same behavior. Even though there is absolutely nothing in the <ONINIT>, as soon as the 900NXS2 is connected, all sound goes away and I'm no longer able to get any sound out of either device (no matter what I choose on the "audio" page) until I turn off the 900NXS2 and restart Virtual DJ. Is there an additional setting that needs to be changed or something else I can try?

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 4:40 pm
I got it working!

The trick was to have both device turned on before starting up Virtual DJ. And then on the "Audio" page,

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 6:03 pm
DJ1U7 wrote :
I got it working!

The trick was to have both device turned on before starting up Virtual DJ.

Thank you!

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 6:03 pm