Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: XML code for "Essential" Default skin
mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Version 8.5 32b7183
Trying to make a change to the Essential layout for the Default skin. The deck view currently shows
"Title (Remix) - Artist" .... I'm Trying to do this...
"Title (Remix) - Artist / Album" ... where I can add the slash and get the album name.
Trying to do this on the essentials layout because I like the cover art on the jog wheel.
The XML lingo seems different. On my custom skin, I would use the "get song info" for the line and I don't see "get commands" used anywhere, just "this before that" and "that before this", etc.
Any clues... thanks.

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 5:51 pm

search

line 1795 (left deck)

<textzone group="horizontal" scroll="no" click="scroll" visibility="loaded">
<pos x="+5" y="+0"/>
<size width="718-[AREAWIDTH]-10" height="32"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="title" weight="bold" action="get_title_before_remix" important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="remix" weight="" action="get_remix_after_title" important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="textdark" action="get_artist_title_separator" important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="artist" weight="" action="get_artist_before_feat" important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="feat" weight="" action="get_featuring_after_artist" important="true"/>
</textzone>

line 1891 (right deck)

<textzone group="horizontal" scroll="no" click="scroll" align="right" visibility="loaded">
<pos x="+5" y="+0"/>
<size width="718-[AREAWIDTH]-10" height="32"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="title" weight="bold" action="get_title_before_remix" important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="remix" weight="" action="get_remix_after_title" important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="textdark" action="get_artist_title_separator" important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="artist" weight="" action="get_artist_before_feat" important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="feat" weight="" action="get_featuring_after_artist" important="true"/>
</textzone>

and add this

<text fontsize="18" color="textdark" text=" / " important="true"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="textdark" action="get_loaded_song 'album'" important="true"/>

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 7:03 pm
Thanks DennYo for the reply. Your skin is the one I use, and modified to include Album, etc.
Where does the "Add this" stuff go?
Thanks again!

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 7:16 pm
On my Skin? this is very complicate to write. There are more than 2 positions for the song infos.

Can you post a screenshot with your wishes?
The second i need the code of your default skin settings.
Open the "Save & Load Presets" Window, click on "export" and post the script here. THX

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 7:44 pm
The Dennyo skin is the one I have used for years.
See Pic. I've tweaked it a little over the years.
I'm now trying to tweak the Default skin to include Album name..

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 7:54 pm
This is an very old version of my skin... i think 2016?
And you have modified this hard.

The modify for the album to the default esential is my first post :) Test it.

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 8:00 pm
Tested it. Album name is there, but it looks like I'm now also gonna need "scroll". Hahaha..
Can I just Scroll=Y at the end of the appropriate line?

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 8:27 pm
<textzone group="horizontal" scroll="no" click="scroll" visibility="loaded">

set scroll="no" to scroll="yes" on booth positions

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 8:54 pm
Yep, just did. Thanks very much!!

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 9:20 pm