Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Xponent mapping problem: how to separate mapping from left to right
Hello, I want to map some commands on Xponent using VirualDJ in a 4 deck layout. I'm not trying to build a full 4 deck mapping. My plan is to use deck 1 & 2 for audio, and deck 3 & 4 for video repurposing some knobs and buttons I don't use very often while mixing.

For instance I want to repurpose left MID knob to control gain on deck 3 and right MID knob to control gain on deck 4.

Problem is VirtualDJ automatically clone mapping from left to right of the controller, at least this is what it does on Xponent (I don't know if it's different on other controllers).

So when I input the mapping "deck 3 gain" on MID "Key" it clones the command on the other side: when I move right MID knob obviously it effects gain on deck 3 instead of 4 . There is no MID RIGHT "Key" to input "deck 4 gain".

Default mapping works properly on deck 1 & 2 is "gain" there is no deck specification on the string, it just works on decks 1 and 2.
But I need suggestions how to separate mapping from left to right side of the controller when I'm trying to map deck 3 and 4. Thanks in advance

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 12:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There are 2 ways , depending on the controller.

If 4-decks, you usually query using action_deck x
If it's following left-right logic, you use device_side 'left' query.

E.g.
device_side 'left' ? ActionForLeftSide : ActionForRightSide

action_deck 1 ? ActionForDeck1 : action_deck 2 ? ActionForDeck2 : action_deck 3 ? ActionForDeck3 : ActionForDeck4

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 2:18 pm
djdad wrote :
There are 2 ways , depending on the controller.

If 4-decks, you usually query using action_deck x
If it's following left-right logic, you use device_side 'left' query.

E.g.
device_side 'left' ? ActionForLeftSide : ActionForRightSide

Just tested and it works! Thanks!!!

this is the strings I used: MID knob for deck 3 & 4 gain separately
device_side 'left' ? deck 3 gain : deck 4 gain

the same for the filter on another knob.
device_side 'left' ? deck 3 filter : deck 4 filter

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 3:06 pm