Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem RANE 72
Is this right??

See video for details down below ⬇️

Why are my fxs not shutting off and yes it happens with any fx I turn on.

Please help 🙏🏾

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 12:23 am
Does it happen with FLEXFX as well ? (The blue one)

PS: Of course that's not right.
And for the most part Rane firmware is responsible for handling that:
When you press one of the orange buttons it enters an "arm" stage. That data is not sent to VirtualDJ. Only the unit knows which button(s) are armed.
Then once you use the paddle, the unit sends MIDI messages to turn on the effects that were previously armed.
Once you release the paddle, the unit will again send MIDI messages to turn off the armed slots.

So, based on the expected behavior, you have either done some weird remapping on "FX_ACTIVATE1", "FX_ACTIVATE2" and "FX_ACTIVATE1" keys, or your unit has developed a fault, or you have accidentally discovered a bug on Seventy-Two firmware.

PS2: Just in case, because I don't remember:
I see that FX assignment on top includes "Sampler" for both paddles.
Can you try to remove that (from both sides) and leave just 1 on left and 2 on right side and see if that helps ?

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 8:24 am
It does work accordingly with the blue buttons and Ill try it when I get home tonight thanks!

And I haven't changed anything with the mapping.

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 4:08 pm
Ok so I just got back into town this am but after a restart things are back in order now. The paddle does turn on/off VDJ fxs. Thanks George 🤙🏾

Now my next question is,

I thought I could set the parameter button to do nothing through the mixers settings. I have them set to “override “ and “custom “ but when I press them they still control things in VDJ.

I want the parameter buttons mapped to “Vocal” and “instrumental” no matter what pad mode I’m in.

Can you or someone help me get this accomplished please??

Inviato Tue 04 Apr 23 @ 7:10 pm