Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: M1 Max to pro sound system...What hardware to use to connect without loosing STEMS 2.0
Hi guys, I am a newbie trying to figure out how to connect my computer to professional sound systems without losing STEMA, 2.0. I'm using my computer to do all the mixing (not using any hardware), so I just need an interface that connects from my computers to the speakers at any venue. Some of the options that are here on the virtual DJ webpage seem to be outdated and are no longer available at Amazon. Any clues or recommendations would be awesome. Thanks a lot.

Inviato Sun 23 Apr 23 @ 8:53 pm
Any multi output audio interface will work
None of them will loose Stems 2.0 - that's not how it works

I have a couple of Native Instruments Audio 2 soundcards, but I don't think they sell those anymore
I would probably get a used one of those, because it really can't get any simpler than that, and they sound great

But it may be easier to get a cheap but decent controller, and them just use the audio interface in it - at least until you get comfortable using the controls

Inviato Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 7:46 am
For MAC computers a good option seems to be Focusrite Scarlett series of cards. I would go for "4i4" so that I still have the option to use an external HW mixer in case I need to, but depending on your needs you could also go for "Solo" or "2i2".
Keep in mind that usually when soundcards refer to channels they mean "mono" channels.
Therefore, "2i2" that has 2 inputs and 2 outputs will actually provide you ONE stereo output.
On the other hand, "4i4" that has 4 inputs and 4 outputs will provide you TWO stereo outputs

Also Reloop released "Flux" sound interface recently that got very nice reviews. However, I don't have any "hands on" experience with it yet. So I can't really say anything else besides that.
Hopefully though, I will be able to test Flux in a few weeks and maybe then I can provide you with an update.

Inviato Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 9:11 am
Thanks guys!!!

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 11:20 pm