Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ pro license not showing up - Page: 1
I bought my pro license 8 years ago and it was working fine, I havent really dj'd due to covid in years, but went to install VDJ and it doesnt have my license associated with my email. I have my original purchase email, what gives? I used to use a login vs my email...

Inviato Sat 10 Jun 23 @ 5:04 am
I contacted support... hopefully with my purchase email receipt they can just fix my account.

Inviato Sat 10 Jun 23 @ 5:33 am
safaconPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Same here. I purchased a license a decade ago and did not use the software in years and suddenly my license was gone. I contacted support and they fixed the issue. I can now use VDJ again with external mixers but It really sucks that they force you to log in now. Otherwise, you can not use VDJ with controllers or an external mixers. I really feel that this is a step backwards forcing paid customers to log in and remain loged in just to use something that was fully paid for. So now i am totally dependent on an internet connection to us VDJ as I did previously. So no internet access = no full featured VDJ. Not sure if I will use VDJ anymore - luckily I have all the majors like Serato, Traktor, Rekordbox so I do have options. Good luck!

Inviato Sat 10 Jun 23 @ 7:38 pm
You only need to go online and log in once to create a license file. Once done you can go offline forever.

Inviato Sat 10 Jun 23 @ 7:50 pm
Yeah, i had with an old user name, which had my license. Virtualdj made me login with a email and now my license isnt showing. Cant use my old login...

Inviato Sat 10 Jun 23 @ 8:25 pm
safaconPRO InfinityMember since 2009
kradcliffe wrote :
You only need to go online and log in once to create a license file. Once done you can go offline forever.

That has not been my experience at all. I have logged in numerous times and VDJ will always ask me to sign in. Otherwise, it will not allow me to use an external mixer. If you have a way of creating a license file on the computer, I would appreciate if could disclose the process. Thank you.

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 23 @ 8:45 pm
Tick remember me on the sign in page. If that doesn't work try deleting the settings.xml file with VDJ closed and try again

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 23 @ 9:17 pm
I logged in 9 years ago and have not logged out since.😳
Except when I changed computers. I'm on my 3rd MBP since 2010 (VDJ 8 is over 9 years old now)

In Options - stayLoggedin = Yes

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 23 @ 11:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
safacon wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

That has not been my experience at all. I have logged in numerous times and VDJ will always ask me to sign in. Otherwise, it will not allow me to use an external mixer. If you have a way of creating a license file on the computer, I would appreciate if could disclose the process. Thank you.

In your Account Stats we see that you have disabled the following setting. Please set to Yes.

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 8:34 am
It sure is! I have many video setups in various venues and each time Windows Updates run VDJ is logged out! I then have to log into each machine remotely and sign in again PLUS reset the customers Logo after splashing VIRTUALDJ in red all over their pub . I have not had any reply to questions on why this happens and how to fix it. It's embarrassing and demeaning.

safacon wrote :
I really feel that this is a step backwards forcing paid customers to log in and remain loged in just to use something that was fully paid for. So now i am totally dependent on an internet connection to us VDJ as I did previously. So no internet access = no full featured VDJ. Not sure if I will use VDJ anymore - luckily I have all the majors like Serato, Traktor, Rekordbox so I do have options. Good luck!

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 10:11 am
I believe you are only allowed to have one internet connected Machine logged in at a time (Maybe 2) so if they see the internet they get logged out if you are trying to have multiples.

I think the terms of the license says one active computer and one backup :-)

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 10:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If stayLoggedIn is checked then it should stay logged in.
Unless windows update deletes the user profiles this shouldn't affect anything.
Since you mention multiple venues, they do each have their own license and login right?

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 10:17 am
dublinmike wrote :
It sure is! I have many video setups in various venues and each time Windows Updates run VDJ is logged out! I then have to log into each machine remotely and sign in again PLUS reset the customers Logo after splashing VIRTUALDJ in red all over their pub . I have not had any reply to questions on why this happens and how to fix it. It's embarrassing and demeaning.

You were asked about your licensing previously when you brought this up but never replied. If you're using the same license for multiple locations then only two computers can be logged in at the same time, and per the EULA each venue requires a separate license.

I have had the same two machines (one primary and one backup) logged in for many months and they're shut down after every gig.

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 10:21 am
Each venue has it's own license and each one is Stay Logged In ...checked.

Adion wrote :
If stayLoggedIn is checked then it should stay logged in.
Unless windows update deletes the user profiles this shouldn't affect anything.
Since you mention multiple venues, they do each have their own license and login right?

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 5:13 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
dublinmike wrote :

You were asked about your licensing previously when you brought this up but never replied. If you're using the same license for multiple locations then only two computers can be logged in at the same time, and per the EULA each venue requires a separate license.

I have had the same two machines (one primary and one backup) logged in for many months and they're shut down after every gig.

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 5:15 pm
Zero recollection of seeing any reply, every venue has it's own pro license and I have no recollection of seeing any response to my posts on this. Every venue is licensed...fully.
kradcliffe wrote :
dublinmike wrote :

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 5:19 pm
I did read some time ago there was a "permanent" license you could get to place on your PC that wouldn't require logging in.

Maybe you could contact support and see if that would be a potential solution if it's a permanent machine and exclusive license for each venue.

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 5:23 pm
If the computer at each venue is logged in and stays logged in then there would be a license file on each of the hard drives, and that would not get deleted - unless someone is manually logging the machines out, or the license is being used on other computers (thereby logging the first license out).

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 7:38 pm
Each venue has it's own PRO license, nobody is logging it out, it's Windows Update that logs them out.

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 8:58 am
kradcliffe wrote :
dublinmike wrote :

Hi I think I have redressed this, I just found it, but the answer remains the same, each venue has it's own PRO license. The issue is Windows Update. Actually happened again this morning but I have taken to manually configuring the updates and doing them at 7am before the venues open, but it would be better if they were not logged out.

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 9:00 am
87%