Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Prime 4 - update changes touchscreen behavior on browser
I updated both VDJ and the firmware on my Prime4 today, which is frustrating because now i don't know if this is a VDJ problem or a Prime4 problem. Suddenly, however, touching a track in the browser on the touchscreen of my Prime 4 makes that track load onto a deck. I do not actually want it to do this, but i can't find any setting in the prime 4 menu or in vdj to change the behavior.

If i touch a track in the browser on the prime 4 screen, i just want it to select that track, not do anything with it. This is how it behaved before, but now suddenly, as soon as you touch it, it loads it onto non-playing decks. Anyone know how to change this behavior? is it a bug or an intentional change?

Inviato Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 5:56 am
Same here. Today new update from VDJ and same problem. When you touch a track on the Prime4 screen, the track is loading automatically on to a "empty or paused" deck.

So how can we change this setting?

Cheers Alex

Inviato Fri 21 Jul 23 @ 7:32 pm

I looked, although it's the same issue, the solution suggested doesn't change the undesired behavior.

Prior to the update:

Touching a track in the browser on the prime 4 touchscreen in browser view would select that track and set the browser position to that track on the computer screen as well, (it did not automatically scroll the browser to that position however. moving the selection up and down with the browse knob or arrow keys would jump to the new position.)

After the update:

Touching a track in the browser view on the prime 4 behaves like the track was double-clicked on the computer screen, immediately loading the track onto any deck that isn't currently playing. Selection/Focus is moved to that track on the computer (VDJ Software instance) but again, the browser doesn't automatically scroll to that track unless you move the selection.

We don't want the track load on single tap of the touchscreen

Inviato Sat 22 Jul 23 @ 4:45 am
Also, verified that rolling back to b7555 reverts the tap-to-load behavior back to single touch resulting in track selection.

Inviato Sat 22 Jul 23 @ 4:58 am