Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using stems to censor in POI editor help
I'm probably overlooking something really obvious here, but if I create a POI at a point in the song with stem_pad 'instrumental' what command do I use to reverse that and enable all stems so the song sounds normal again after the sweary word?

EDIT: Found if you use the same command it reverses the change.

Thanks!

Inviato Wed 09 Aug 23 @ 6:32 pm
to turn ON:
stem_pad 'instrumental' on

to turn OFF:
stem_pad 'instrumental' off

UPDATE:
yes the script stem_pad 'instrumental' toggles .. and maybe safer to use above, in the case of jumping to a point in the track, which encounters the second instance .and it actually then removes the vocals, instead of doing nothing.

Inviato Wed 09 Aug 23 @ 6:51 pm
You can also use the new Vocal Stem Track Cleaner feature that was recently added:

Inviato Wed 09 Aug 23 @ 9:21 pm
Thanks Klaus,

I'm happier using the POI option as I'm assuming the track cleaner creates a new file with the changes?

Inviato Thu 10 Aug 23 @ 7:58 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Thanks Klaus,

I'm happier using the POI option as I'm assuming the track cleaner creates a new file with the changes?

Yes, it's gives you a new clean edit of the track. So you have the original edit and the clean edit next to each other
The clean edit will only be a few bytes in size though, because it's basically just metadata on when VDJ needs to automatically change the original file

Inviato Thu 10 Aug 23 @ 8:25 am
Ah got ya. Thanks for the info.

Inviato Thu 10 Aug 23 @ 8:36 am