Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: NS4FX Mapping very buggy (need help please)
#FIXED SINGLE VU ISSUE Changed script to get_vu_meter "master" Still have other issues though.

Hi

Please help as I desperately want to use this controller with vdj and not serato.

I have just purchased a Numark NS4FX and would like to use it with virtual DJ but the mapping with virtual dj 2023 is very off with lots of things not work correctly.

The first big one is the vu meters..
(I've managed to get the master playing through vu meter by changing script to get_vu_meter)
*The big issue is deck 1 only shows on left vu meter and deck 2 only shows on right vu meter. Neither deck will show on both vu meters when playing a track. This means when mixing tracks it doesn't combine the level of both channels to show peak on the dual vu (not that the vu meters on this controller are very nice!! 4 Red segments then one white at top. No green, yellow red!! Pretty horrible).

*Master (Main) gain on the controller doesn't change the vu meters i.e. If the master gain is completely down (no volume out of speakers) the vu meters is still showing track playing at full. (seems these pots aren't midi?)
I had this issue with a controller before and it was because the controller had the option of stand alone built in mixer or midi (software mixer) this controller doesn't seem to have that option. The gains (levels) on each channel do effect the vu meter and the output volume of that channel.

*When pressing cue button for a channel the vu meter switches off and doesn't show the pre fade level of that channel (not a big issue as use ears anyway but has always worked with other controllers).

Next...
*When using effects such as echo, when the fader is dropped the echo stops too. The work around is turning the gain for that channel right down and the echo continues but not a very nice way of doing it.

*some tracks the track remaining countdown on the jog screens reads "error" if you adjust the pitch off centre either +or- it then reads the correct countdown time???

Main issue is the channel 1 only on left vu and channel 2 only on right vu. Very odd and I cannot see a way round it 🤯

Any help would be great. P. S. I've been a pioneer cdj and controller DJ forever but have got this controller as a stop gap whilst waiting for either repair of Ddj 1000 or the Flx10 to be available!! No spares and no stock for foreseeable future!! This controller only thing available and worth attempting to use in the UK whilst waiting for pioneer!

Inviato Thu 10 Aug 23 @ 6:29 pm