Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VDJ as Media Player OS
Hey , i was wondering, since I saw the VDJ implementation on Prime 4 and SC6000. Why not release a VDJ application that we can install directly on Stand alone equipment?
I personally like the get rid of my laptop and this solution wound us maybe some option where recording and particularly Engine DJ struggle (for me like DVS, Midi mapping and Stems).

What are your options about it. Like it or it’s not needed.
Let the discussion begins .

Inviato Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 4:14 pm
Would be great to have VDJ embedded in the Prime 4 for example but Denon (or Pioneer) wouldn't allow it.

Not to say it couldn't be sideloaded but that's unethical for such a big company as Atomix.

Inviato Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 4:20 pm
Never say never, but I get you point. There isn’t a VDJ SDK to make it a community project, or is there one?
kradcliffe wrote :
Would be great to have VDJ embedded in the Prime 4 for example but Denon (or Pioneer) wouldn't allow it.

Not to say it couldn't be sideloaded but that's unethical for such a big company as Atomix.

Inviato Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 5:08 pm
There's also the speed of the processors to be considered (and memory allocation). That would be the main limiting factor.

A bit like putting full fat Windows on a phone.

Saying that Apple mobile processors seem to be rapidly catching up.

Inviato Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 5:21 pm
But may inMusic and Atomix start a cooperation to counter Pioneer DJ after buying Serato.

And back to the processor, we don’t know how strong the lineup from Denon are? I mean there try to bring steams to it.

Inviato Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 6:52 pm
Yeah but there's absolutely no way they'll be good.

Inviato Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 6:55 pm
I really want the Virtual DJ to deliver information about the songs being played on the main track (title, artist, cover) to the Windows Media Player controls, like other music players (Spotify, youtube) , or a browser (edge, Google) that can be recognized by windows as playing media information and displayed. Because it's not just cool, it syncs the Virtual DJ's tracks to Windows' media components so they can be read by other software, wallpaper eneg, for example, recognizes the music and syncs the wallpaper animations, making it gorgeous, not just for the VDJ's internal VJ system

Inviato Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 2:35 pm