Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Deactivate auto sync on load
Hello, this topic has been around a couple of times, but none to the solutions seems to help in my case:

When I load a song an press play, it will automatically sync to the one that is playing on the other deck (BPM and Beat).
I turned all the smart functions off. BPM Sync is off. Auto functions are off.
Quantize is off.
Still this happens...
I work on a Hercules Impulse 500. Everything else seems to be working great, only that is driving me CRAZY!

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance!

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 6:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you havent modified the PLAY button on your Hercules, then all i can think of is...from VirtualDJ Settings ->OPTIONS tab..
- setting SmartPlay needs to be set to No
- setting autoBPMmatch needs to be set to No

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 9:17 pm
Thank you for your reply!

I did not modify the play buttons. I checked the mapping already, to see if there is any additional function linked by default (which I wouldn't have assumed).

SmartPlay is OFF
Auto BMP Sync is OFF

I also reset the software to the standard settings last night. Didn't help.

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 11:37 am
Mind you, that if your controller has a "QUANTIZE" button and you turn quantize on, then it will also force BPM to sync (upon pressing the PLAY button) if the pitch range needed to sync the two decks is less than 10%

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 11:59 am
Holy s***, it is the quantise button! I read about it and tried it, but not carefully enough - obviously.
So when quantize is on, it syncs the BPM on play. can I deactivate that somehow? I thought, quantize only affects loops?
Anyway, THANKS A LOT!

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 6:51 pm
globalquantize is in options just type it in the search box

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 11:55 pm
For loops, just turn off quantize and turn on "smart_loop"
You can also turn on quantizesetloop option if you want the loop to not only snap in size (as with smart loop) but also to the grid

Inviato Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 3:59 pm
Beroj23PRO InfinityMember since 2022
Please tell me, if you solved the problem. I have the same problem, I have already done everything as described. Does my Denon MC6000 MK2 also have a "quantizes" button?

Inviato Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 7:03 pm
I found globalquantoze and tried to exchange it to smart loop, but that is not really an option, cause it also basically reloops everything at the same time.
I would like the same behaviour, as e.g. in serato. Loops stick to the grid, and snapninsize, but tracks can be moved individually.
@beroj23 problem identified, working on a solution.
cool controller! But it doesn't have a Q Button, as far as I know.
You can turn Quantize off in the software though, or map a button.
But as you can read above, then your loops are off grid as well.

Inviato Thu 31 Aug 23 @ 9:55 am
professorbambi wrote :
I found globalquantoze and tried to exchange it to smart loop, but that is not really an option, cause it also basically reloops everything at the same time.
I would like the same behaviour, as e.g. in serato. Loops stick to the grid, and snapninsize, but tracks can be moved individually.

It certainly does not.
Smart Loop: When enabled, the loop out point of a loop is adjusted automatically so that the loop length is perfect in beats (e.g. 2 beats long, 4 beats long e.t.c.)
In other words it adjusts your timing error when pressing the loop out button.
Smart loop does NOT effect anything else. It does not sync tracks, it does not sync loops, it does not "lock" anything.

Quantize Loop: When enabled, the loop position is automatically adjusted on the grid based on globalQuantize value (in beats)

So, smart loop adjusts the length of the loop (by adjusting the loop out point) while quantize loop adjusts the position of the loop (by moving the entire loop) to be on the CBG.

Neither of these 2 functions adjusts BPM, or locks tracks together e.t.c.

Finally:
globalQuantize is a setting in beats. It tells VirtualDJ what fraction (or multiple) of a single beat it should use when performing quantized functions.
The "Quantize" button found on many controllers is using the "quantize_all" action which is an action, not a setting

Inviato Thu 31 Aug 23 @ 10:38 am
So, I have been trying mapping this button in multiple ways now:

quantize_all does activate auto sync on play
smart_loop does it as well
quantize_loop does it as well

So when either of this functions is on, the second track will snap to the beat grid of the first one, adjust its bmp and therefore basically automatically syncs, as soon as I press play.
Can this function be linked in some way I am not aware of here?

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 1:50 pm
also check out Klaus' awesome video 5 Levels of Sync

AND

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 3:07 pm
UPADTE: I tried with a different controller, and everything there works just as you discribed or as I would have expected it to be. So apparently my controller just doesn't allow the global_quantize function to be off, no matter what boxed are checked.

Thank you all for your help!

Inviato Sat 30 Sep 23 @ 11:54 am