Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon Prime 2 Right Deck Freeze...
Hey Guys,
I have a Denon Prime 2 and for sometime now, my right deck will freeze randomly and not play a track. I can load a track but it will not play. I have to exit out of VDJ to get the right deck back and playing.
I am running the latest VDJ version on a Windows 10 laptop with plenty of power. It was working flawlessly for awhile then started this behavior. I have tried wiping the Prime 2 back to factory and re-updating and that seemed to help but then again tonight, after playing for about 30 mins, the right deck quit on me and was not functional till I restarted VDJ.
Should I try and remove the controller and re-install?
Also, I looked at the log file and the last date it has is 2 months ago. I do however have a lot of these. "DX11 error: 358:80070005" in it but they are back in May. DirectX perhaps? My video card is updated to the latest driver btw.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 2:33 am
Well, since no one has offered a thought on this, here's the latest. I rolled back to version 7388 and prelim results are very promising. I was running into serious sound glitches I can show on video with 7651. After the rollback, VDJ has been stable with no issues. I will continue to test. My gut tells me this is a case of software moving past a controller that is no longer made by Denon. We have all these updates for the myriad of Pioneer products but the Prime 2 may be now considered legacy and not as important. I could be wrong of course as I have not tried the newer releases and one of them may offer the stability I require to not have people look at me as though I have two heads if and when the music stops. If the stability continues, I may keep this version and start looking into ways of turning off auto-update.
Sorry for the rant and I am now off my soapbox. Carry on.

Inviato Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 2:41 pm
Is deck 2 in scratch mode? I have an older traktor controller that does the same thing left deck plays fine right won't play If I take it out of scratch miss it works fine

Inviato Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 9:01 pm
Both decks are in Vinyl mode and yet no matter what I try with the laptop that was rock solid, the right deck either does not start or stutters through tracks.
I came home today and tried to play as I did last night and the right deck refuses to play. I updated to the latest version of VDJ and it still persists. I have gone through all settings I can think of with the laptop and disabled items that are running. Anything else?

Inviato Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 1:48 am
Have you tried them switched out of vinyl mode

Inviato Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 2:09 am
Yes. When I take the right deck out of Vinyl mode, it plays but does not always stop when the Cue button is pressed. I am going back to thinking my controller is defective and am going to look into seeing if there is a way to take it all the way back to factory before version 3.2.0. If I try to default it, all it does is reset the user settings and Wi-Fi. Which does not help.
Thank you for the quick reply.
Any more thoughts?

Inviato Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 2:27 am
When in stand alone mode does the cue button work ok? If so the hardware should be ok. You can revert the prime 2 all the way back to whichever version you want to install. Denon has all of the firmware version on their site. You can download to your computer Boot the Prime 2 by holding the eject button then the power button You'll get a screen with a microchip picture Then click on the downloaded version and it will install

Inviato Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 2:34 am
I did just that. I took the controller down to 2.4.0 from 3.2.0 and it worked great. Now, the real test will be when I get home tomorrow night and see if it is still as stable. I may take it up to 3.0.0 and leave it there if after a few days it stays stable.
Thanks for the convo.

Inviato Tue 03 Oct 23 @ 3:55 am