Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: NS7ii advanced mappings possible?
I never use the slicer or autoroll modes. Is it possible to map one of those into a DMX pad bank?

I'm using Soundswitch and I was able to do a simple midi map, but the pads seem to map as a global bank on the NS7ii. Example: in SLICER mode, I mapped a pad to the color red in Soundswitch. It triggers if I push the pad, but if I change to HOT CUES on the NS7 that pad still triggers the color red.

Is there any way I can map a bank of 8 pads to work independently from other pad modes? Thank you

Inviato Mon 16 Oct 23 @ 5:53 pm

Inviato Mon 16 Oct 23 @ 8:01 pm
Damn I love this software and it's community!!! I'll give this a shot. I will probably need more help at some point so thank you for all your assistance!

Inviato Tue 17 Oct 23 @ 1:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure how you managed to use the same MIDI Controller working with both VirtualDJ and SoundSwitch. VirtualDJ requires exclusive control of a Midi device, so if you need to control your DMX software through VirtualDJ, the DMX app needs to be fully compatible with OS2L.

In Soundswitch the OS2L implementation is not complete, as it doesn't support os2l_ actions like other DMX apps are using .. https://virtualdj.com/wiki/OS2LDMX.html

Inviato Tue 17 Oct 23 @ 4:41 am
Interesting... Maybe my controller was just sending a MIDI note message that Soundswitch picked up.

I guess that might work, but I would need for each bank of pads to generate unique MIDI note numbers/CC.

Is there a way to make VDJ assign unique MIDI out numbers/CCs to each pad bank?

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 23 @ 11:02 am