Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Remapped Button on Pioneer CDJ - Button Lags & Sometimes Works Just Fine
Hi, I have a CDJ-900 and I have remapped my SLIP button to phrase sync. The button has two states from what I gather On and Off. After mapping the button I notice that sometimes I have to press it down for a few ms before it works. Other times it just works. Neither of the times does the red light turn on.

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 23 @ 11:41 pm
First of all there's no need to use "deck right" in front of the action

Also the action "phrase_sync" itself does not return a value, and therefore it cannot turn on/off a LED.
It's like using a "jump" action.

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 23 @ 11:55 pm
Thanks Phantom that fixed the delay!

I have my Reverse Buttton (Direction) set to play_sync_onbeat. I am having a similar delay. I got rid of the "deck right" which was also on this one. Any thoughts?

Inviato Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 12:22 am
Just a quick question:
Why do you use two different mappers on CDJs ?

Inviato Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 1:39 am
I think when I originally setup the mapping for the CDJ I must have thought each one needed to be addressed. That is probably why I had the deck left and right in the action code.

Is there anyway to see what other buttons have been mapped without scrolling every key on each device?

* Also any idea why I see a delay when hitting the play_sync_onbeat after remapping?

Inviato Fri 01 Dec 23 @ 3:33 pm
DJDannySRC wrote :
Is there anyway to see what other buttons have been mapped without scrolling every key on each device?

The only way I can think of, is by opening the mapper file on a text editor.

Either way, I would suggest you to remove the two custom mappers from your system, and create a new one that will be common for both decks. You may have to open the files in notepad to see what you did and maybe copy a few things over, but this will ensure the best operation as you'll be 100% sure that both decks use the same functions on the same buttons all the time.

DJDannySRC wrote :
* Also any idea why I see a delay when hitting the play_sync_onbeat after remapping?

Not sure, but since play_sync_onbeat tries to sync the deck with the beat of the other deck when you press the button, are you sure that the delay is not coming from the function itself ?

Also if you're playing "modern" tracks with steady beat I would advise you to use "quantize_all" or "smart_play" instead. These MODES (you toggle them on/off and then use the play button as per usual) rely on the CBG of the track and they are far better than play_sync_onbeat is (which relies on bass information and not on the CBG)
The only reason to use play_sync_onbeat would be if you mostly play "old" tracks with unstable/drifting tempo..

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 2:19 am