Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VDJScript alterantive / OR Run in background
Thank you everyone for your feedback during my development, especially you @locodog but I've hit a brick wall. My plugin works great so long as the host isn't doing something else when it runs. My plugin simply loads songs into the karaoke via add_karaoke, I send in the file path and singer name, that's all, this works awesome UNLESS the host has another dialog open, such as the tag editor or the singer name because my plugin calls home every 10 seconds looking for new requests, when it finds a new request it runs VDJScript without any interaction from the host.

I suppose I was not really thinking when I started reading about VDJScript, it's right there in the name, it's a script or more like a macro but I fear I need to start over with a lower-level approach but I don't even know where to start or if it's even possible to solve this issue. DJ's are already juggling so many different things I want it to be effortless.

Here's the kicker though, I can not recreate this issue in my own VirtualDJ testing setup but I saw it with my own eyes last night, the host showed me how the plugin had renamed songs and also changed some singer names so this my best guess as to whats happening. IDK what to look at or what I should even be considering but I've come to far to give up on this now. The few hosts I have using have basically said that is such a cook thing they don't want to give up even if that means it will glitch.

Inviato Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 9:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you could poll every 10s still but instead of sending direct to to the karaoke list, build a vector of structs internal to the plugin, then have a couple of buttons on the plugin, 1 is just an indicator that there's something in the vector, the other the user presses to dispense the vector contents into the real karaoke list.
you could make that as a single custom_button for the end user

That way there's no surprises, you could also have an onSongLoad script, if karaoke deck has just loaded it checks if the indicator button is on and if true press the fill button.

That's one idea.

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 7:52 am
i want to create my sound effect like dj sky lee on mix

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 11:44 am
I've narrowed down the issue with my plugin, if the Singer Dialog window is open (clicking the gear next to the song) and another request comes in "karaoke_add" screws up, it adds the song but it puts the rest of the information into the open dialog song, like "browsed_song 'singer'" that should go to the newly added karaoke song applies to the song that the dialog belongs to. Thus far, no other dialog windows are affected.

Perhaps VDJscript command to close the dialog or? I've spent at least 100 hours on this plugin and I'd hate to have to give up for such a silly thing and the beta dj testers freaking love it otherwise.

Inviato Fri 09 Feb 24 @ 10:47 pm
sounds more like a bug to me but I known not that much
I had a look with EnumWindows, I found the className "vdjWin" and GetWindowTextA() pulled some titles that were readable "VirtualDJ", "Video" but others that were not

it sure would be nice if vdj could return/query the window in focus from the popup title, even close too, or maybe force focus to the main gui

not real script
window_focus singer ? window_focus VirtualDJ & window_close singer :

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 24 @ 1:52 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Get hwnd returns the hwnd of VirtualDJ if it was what you were looking for.

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 24 @ 10:11 pm
not on x64 it doesn't.

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 24 @ 10:23 pm