Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Protocol used by Virtual DJ Remote
I'm trying to plug into Virtual DJ the same way the Virtual DJ Remote app does so I can create my own external application interacting with Virtual DJ.

I first tried a different route using the Network Control Plugin but it cannot handle the amount of requests I'm throwing at it. To have a real-time visualization of the position in a track, I called "get_time" on short intervals. Every 200ms is ok, but every 20ms literally crashed Virtual DJ.

So I'm trying to understand how the Virtual DJ Remote app does it. I managed to advertise a Bonjour (Zeroconf) service using the name "_vdjremote8._tcp" on port 4243 just like the Remote app. It shows up in Virtual DJ and I manage to establish a connection. But that's as far as I manage to go. I opened a tcp server listening to this port but no data is being sent. I also tried a web socket.

So after establishing the Bonjour connection, I can't figure out the protocol used the pass data between Virtual DJ and Virtual DJ Remote app. Maybe it needs some special handshake. Has anyone tried this?

Inviato Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 8:59 pm