Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: m3u playlist files
I have accepted the latest update and now i can't find my stored playlists anymore.
Can I have the old m3u files back and prevent VDJ to store in vdjfolder-files?
I need to read them in my printing database program.

Inviato Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 10:47 am
You can export the new VDJ lists as M3U anytime you need them, but generally no, m3u playlists are now deprecated.

Also you can export a VDJ list in other formats as well now, which possibly, could make your printing needs easier: You can export to TXT, CSV or HTML

Inviato Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 4:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can also create a shortcut to the location of the old playlists location

Inviato Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 6:18 pm
I have rewritten my software to read and import the vdjfolder/xml files but still some problems.
When I create a playlist it appears in the left panel but not on my OneDrive which I gave VDJ full access for.

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 11:37 am
1) if you really really need to keep working with .m3u playlists, there is an option browserAutoExportM3U that will a) keep m3u copies of your vdj lists in %appdata/VirtualDJ/Playlists/, in case you have an external utility that need to read them, and b) show a M3U Playlists subfolders to see them from within virtualdj, in case you have an external utility that modify them

2) we do recommend to work with the xml playlists native to virtualdj though. by default, Lists are saved across the drives according to the files they contain (to allow drive hot-plug). If you want your Lists to be always saved only in %appdata%/VirtualDJ/MyLists/, you have an option disableHotplugForNewLists

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 12:01 pm