Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problems with v2024 b8017
As of v2024 b8017

• Drag and Drop of folders to the Sideview now depends on lockFolderOrder

I can no longer drag and drop playlist folders to the sideview while lockFolderOlder = yes.

Older builds allowed drag and drop of folders regardless of the status of lockFolderOrder.

I think the older behaviour makes more sense (what does lockFolderOrder have to do with the sideview orientation? The order of the sideview can't be dragged around anyways)

• VirtualDj still doesn't detect my Filter Folder structure in Folders/Filter
    Only the top level Virtual Folders are shown with a tree expander icon, but when the expand icon is clicked, it disappears amd nothing happens.
    The changelog notes claimed this should be fixed.

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 12:06 am
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
As of v2024 b8017

• Drag and Drop of folders to the Sideview now depends on lockFolderOrder

I can no longer drag and drop playlist folders to the sideview while lockFolderOlder = yes.

Older builds allowed drag and drop of folders regardless of the status of lockFolderOrder.

I think the older behaviour makes more sense (what does lockFolderOrder have to do with the sideview orientation? The order of the sideview can't be dragged around anyways)

• VirtualDj still doesn't detect my Filter Folder structure in Folders/Filter
    Only the top level Virtual Folders are shown with a tree expander icon, but when the expand icon is clicked, it disappears amd nothing happens.
    The changelog notes claimed this should be fixed.

both have been fixed in the latest EarlyAccess version (b8019)

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 7:43 am
I've confirmed that both issues are fixed in b8019 🍺.

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 1:57 pm
It seems that this build also broke/changed behavior of the respecting of timecode_reset_pitch/general pitch on loaf for DVS - it wasn't working for me on a stream I did two hours ago and it also seems like loading a deck in general had a skewed pitch on load

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 6:45 pm
So I found the problem was that somehow, my settings.xml got corrupt again (using a fresh settings.xml didn't show the problem). I manually diffed to recover everything and then made a backup. I'm not sure how the corruption happened - I kept the original settings.xml file that had the problem for reference.

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 6:15 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
…have you problem with sampler pad? now in sampler pad name i can’t read sample name but i read script about name…and you?
for example in PAD1 NAME sampler pad editor my script is: ‵loaded ? get_sampler_name 1 : get_text ‘vuoto’ ‵
now i read in PAD1: get_sampler_name….
is possible is there a bug with ‵‵?
thanks

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 10:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Seems to work fine in the default sampler pad page, so probably some typo in your own?

Could be a copy-paste problem, but at least in the script you posted here, there's 2 problem.
The backtic character used is wrong, it should be `
And also, the correct script is get_sample_name, not get_sampler_name

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 5:04 am
in sampler pad editor my NAME script is:
`sampler_bank 'recordings bank' ? sampler_loaded 1 'auto' ? var 'choose' 1 ? get_text "`sampler_mute 1 'auto' ? get_text '(mute)' : nothing``sampler_volume_nogroup 1 'auto' & param_cast 'percentage'` `get_sample_name 1 'auto' & param_cast 'text' 11`" : get_sample_name 1 'auto' : var 'recmode' 0 ? get_text 'rec Master' : var 'recmode' 1 ? get_text 'rec Deck' : var 'recmode' 2 ? var '$mictype' 0 ? get_text 'rec Mic' : get_text 'rec Linein' : nothing : sampler_loaded 1 'auto' ? var 'choose' 1 ? get_text "`sampler_mute 1 'auto' ? get_text '(mute)' : nothing` `sampler_volume_nogroup 1 'auto' & param_cast 'percentage'` `get_sample_name 1 'auto' & param_cast 'text' 11`" : get_sample_name 1 'auto' : nothing`

in version b8017 doesn't work :( i read "sampler bank..........."; in version b7831 i have installed and previous it works....for this i think it's changed something in "writing script"...right?

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 3:41 pm
Will the VDJ2024 version install into the same folder/directory of v2023 or will it install into a separate folder/directory so we can use both versions or will it overtake the V2023 folder/directory.???

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 4:07 am
FD-SALSOUL-DJ wrote :
Will the VDJ2024 version install into the same folder/directory of v2023 or will it install into a separate folder/directory so we can use both versions or will it overtake the V2023 folder/directory.???

It's just an update from the good old VDJ 8 code base with a new marketing name (and of course the announced added features)
So it will overwrite just like any other update, unless you manually keep 2 versions

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 4:25 am
klausmogensen wrote :
FD-SALSOUL-DJ wrote :

It's just an update from the good old VDJ 8 code base with a new marketing name (and of course the announced added features)
So it will overwrite just like any other update, unless you manually keep 2 versions

Good to know, Thanks.!!!

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 3:30 pm
hey with last update b8055 (standard log) problem with PAD name script is solved! Wow 👍👋

Inviato Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 7:57 pm