Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question Re: Jogwheel Troubleshooting
Hello All,

I have a Numark NV II that I bought used and noticed an issue with the left jog wheel. The physical wheel spins fine but on the software it does not move through the songs. You see a bit of a stutter on the waveform, but nothing else. I have updated the latest drivers for the device. I've also tested it on Serato and its the same thing. I am not sure how "damaged" this jog wheel might be and how easy of a repair it would be. Can anyone provide any insight?

Inviato 7 days ago @ 12:30 pm
Open VirtualDJ settings, go on mappers tab, and click on "Edit Mapper" button.
Then, move the jog back and forth and notice the messages that you get on the top right corner of the settings window.
Do you get messages for both back and formward movement ?
Do you get messages ONLY for the JOG (assuming you only touch/use that) ?

Have you checked that VINYL mode is enabled on all decks ?

Inviato 7 days ago @ 2:04 pm
Both the left and right jog wheels give a response.

Right jog wheel (the one that is working) for JOG shows 0.00 when going clockwise and -0.00 counter clockwise. If I do a quick spin it will go to 0.01.

Left jog wheel (the one that is not working) for JOG shows 0.00 when not touching and the - flickers next to 0.00 whether I go clockwise or counter clockwise. If i do a quick spin it stays at 0.00

And vinyl is on.

Inviato 7 days ago @ 5:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Since you said its not working with Serato either, it appears it's a hardware issue. Consult store or manufacture support for further steps.

Inviato 7 days ago @ 5:40 pm
one new update: When I hold shift and use the jog wheel it rewinds the song. It does not matter if you spin it forward or backwards, both make the song go back

Inviato 7 days ago @ 6:43 pm
Your jog is faulty. Please consider getting in touch with a service center.

Inviato 3 days ago @ 10:06 am