Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane Performer - Page: 7
ZAMRICPRO InfinityMember since 2024
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
I agree...I imagined "Rane" in front of the quantities mentioned...that was my mistake😔🙏🏾🍺

I believe the strength of Virtual DJ lies not just in the company but in pioneers like you who are willing to support and improve it. Thank you for your efforts. Let's help each other and work together to achieve even better compatibility.

Inviato Mon 05 Aug 24 @ 9:08 am
I agree with you fully👍🏾🍺.

The software (imo) is already the most capable/flexible I've encountered out of the mainstream offerings (with the flexibility being promoted instead of hidden), but the sense of community here and willingness of members/devs to help with problems however they can, as well as suggest improvements are a few big reasons why I keep coming back here.

Inviato Mon 05 Aug 24 @ 1:58 pm
Anyone else have a bug where you hit stop and you can't scratch or move the track right away for about 3 seconds after you hit the stop button? This is with stop time at zero? Or maybe this is a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 24 @ 5:36 am
Turn off motorwheelinstantstop
Or change motorwheellocktime to another value like 1.0

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 24 @ 5:39 am
Cool that fixed the instant scratch / move track issue with the platter. Thanks

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 24 @ 5:44 am
Even just turning off instant stop with wheel lock at 0.0 still it works. Thank you

Inviato Tue 06 Aug 24 @ 5:44 am
Anyone have a an issue with stem split mode? The stem split uses channel 1/2 instead of the native 2/4 or 1/3

Inviato Fri 09 Aug 24 @ 9:38 am
Make sure "stemsSplitLeftRight" setting is set to "No"

Inviato Fri 09 Aug 24 @ 10:03 am
Thank you phantondeejay

Inviato Fri 09 Aug 24 @ 10:19 am
Hello everybody and thanks to the support for the great intégration of the performer 😉
I have a little issue, my pads seems to have a little latency when I try to launch a cue point.
I'm a little bit disappointed because when I'm scratching I encounter no latency.
I was use to mix on a Denon prime Go on which Pad are in hard plastic, not rubber (maybe this is the point but still strange).
Does anybody else have this issue please ?
I tried to find an answer in the forum a the help manual but from now, I have no idea to solve this issue.
Can you please help me ?
Thanks in advance (and sorry for my average english 😉)

Inviato Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 6:45 pm
Did you try it in Serato to see if the same problem exists there? Other than the time required to receive the pad button's MIDI signal + process the vdjscript logic beind the pad button press, I don't think there would be any artificial latency involved in the pad mapping.

The Denon controller is a different controller with (potentially) a different pad feel - expecting it to feel/react the same as the Performer pads might be wishful thinking.

Inviato Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 8:50 pm
Thanks for your help DjVinylTouch.
That's exactly what I suspected, I will install Serato to try tomorrow but I think your right, probably a question of habits and feeling, if it is the same in Serato, it will means that after adaptation time it should be ok.
I'll let you know, thanks again and have a nice day 😉

Inviato Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 9:56 pm
Just tried and as supposed, it's a question of feeling with the new pads (the same result with Serato), so I think I will adapt myself with practice.
Many thanks for your help and have a nice day.
Peace 😉

Inviato Mon 12 Aug 24 @ 3:47 pm
djdad wrote :
Official support for Rane Performer is now available in Early Access BUILD 8272 (2024-08-01)

Virtual DJ has bug and sound issues when trying to use the Rane Performer and when trying to use external turntables it has a conflict issue with the Rane Performer.

Inviato Mon 19 Aug 24 @ 5:35 am
If you are using external turntables/the Rane Twelves in DVS mode, did you the follow the instructions for Timecode/DVS setup as stated in the Rane Performer Hardware Manual?
In particular the audio config to allow for Timecode input/control is not the same as the default audio setup - it seems that you have to manually remove the line inputs and add the timecode inputs
Given that is done, did you:

1. Switch the inputs for channels 3 and 4 to Phono
  2. Change the source from USB to Line for channels 3 and 4 on the top of mixer section?
  3. Plugged in your turntable RCAs into decks 3 and 4
  4. Enabled timecode on decks 3 and 4
  5. Used decks 3 and 4 for timecode manipulation

I'm not sure if using Rane Twelve's MK2's in HID mode will/should work - that is a full controller mode (which is probably expected to conflict with platter control for the decks provided by the Performer) and it was never explicitly stated as being supported in the manual.

Given you have followed all of this and it still doesn't work, then maybe posting a quick video with you audio config, hardware config (back and mixer section of the Performer), and a trial run showing the problem, or a detailed verbal description of what you did as setup + usage, could help the team.
Also post a video with the sound issues so they can help you (AFAIK there are many people who are using the contoller right now without such audio issues).

Inviato Mon 19 Aug 24 @ 11:06 am
Using Timecode with Performer has been tested from our crew and it should work without any issues if you follow the procedures written in VirtualDJ manual.

We are currently investigating the case where OTHER motorized controllers are used alongside Rane Performer and we should come back with any possible solutions/fixes if necessary.

So, at this moment (and until we finish our tests) only using another motorized controller alongside Performer is not considered 100% safe / bug free.

We are sorry for the incovenience, but we didn't thought that a user with a 4 decks motorized controller would try to use other motorized controllers alongside it. So, it sliped from our testing.

Inviato Tue 20 Aug 24 @ 11:22 am
Anyone else having issue where the platter waveforms disappear or don't even show when first connecting? Works in Serato so it's not hardware.

Inviato Wed 21 Aug 24 @ 2:28 pm
My last question seems to have disappeared. I'll try again with another question.
Are post fader fx only active when physically selecting them on the Performer? Because when I select the software fx within VDJ from my pc the fx aren't post fader, and fxprocessing is set to post.

Inviato Tue 27 Aug 24 @ 6:34 pm
I have 1 issue, and it's minor. I have no master audio displaying on the skin. I use VancedGT, but the issue seems system wide even on default skin. Anyone else? Does anyone have a solution? My other controllers Rane One & Rev-7 do NOT have this problem.

Inviato Tue 27 Aug 24 @ 7:06 pm
djnikkofb wrote :
I have no master audio displaying on the skin. Anyone else?

[IMAGE1]

Doesn't show for me either

Inviato Tue 27 Aug 24 @ 9:55 pm
95%