Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: IDJPool missing genres in VDJ ?
I am contemplating getting a IDJPool subscription to use within VDJ. Right now, I only see the following genres (trial mode):

I see it's missing a lots of genres, like "House", "Electro House", "Progressive House" and so on... I can get to these tracks if I specifically search for them, but I don't see these genres straight into the VDJ tree. Is there a way to add them ? I don't mind Latin, Country, Christmas, Gospel... But I'd like to see the genres I am most interested in ;-)

Inviato Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 8:03 pm
Anyone ?

Inviato Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 7:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Parcelling everything from glitch hop to gabba, under the folder "Dance" is pretty lame.
If you know what you're looking for it's a crap shoot if they have it, but as music discovery tool it really is lacking compared to what it could be.

Inviato Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 8:26 pm
Well, that's is not the issue I am describing. What I am saying is that many genres are missing in the VDJ tree, while they actually exist in IDJPool. As an example, go ahead and search "Sander Van Doorn Raise Your Hands Up clean". It will not find it under "Dance" as you suggested, it will find it under genre "Electro House" which is fine, but this existing genre isn't anywhere in the VDJ tree on the left.

I would like the missing useful genres to be added in the VDJ tree, so we could actually browse tracks by these genres (new stuff and so on), instead of needing to find individual tracks under a global search. Maybe I am wrong, but from what I understand, the genres list needs to be updated by the VDJ team, so it can query IDJPool accordingly.

Inviato Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 2:23 pm