Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane performer issue-fx bpm copy not working
I found a biit of a bug with bpm on copy. Normally you can copy the bpm from one deck to another by holding shift and using joystick- you cannot do this in VDJ. THere is a slight work around- in which you can hit the sync button to achieve a similar result-however this isnt ideal for a very specific reason. When using scratch bank this isnt a goood solution bc you have to make the bpm of your scratch record that bpm. So for example lets say you are playing house at 128 bpm and your scratch bank sample is 100 bpm but you want to echo your scratchs at 128 bpm - the scratch record is pitched way up instead of leaving it at native bpm.

Inviato Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 3:55 pm
ZAMRICPRO InfinityMember since 2024
I always thought it was an issue with my computer or the software itself, but it turns out this is indeed a bug. It seems I’m not the only one experiencing this. There's another bug I've encountered: if you adjust the ramp stop time and then change the speed on the controller, it stops very unnaturally. Additionally, when you press the play button while pressing down on the platter, there's a significant chance—or even most of the time—that it will start playing normally, ignoring the fact that your hand is on the platter.

Inviato Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 7:32 am
ZAMRIC wrote :

There's another bug I've encountered: if you adjust the ramp stop time and then change the speed on the controller, it stops very unnaturally.

I honestly advocate for setting those ramp times to zero when using a motorized conteoler - they are meant to emulate a turntable for non motorized platters, while a motorized controller technically is a turntable, with respect to movement mechanics - emulation is not needed.

ZAMRIC wrote :

Additionally, when you press the play button while pressing down on the platter, there's a significant chance—or even most of the time—that it will start playing normally, ignoring the fact that your hand is on the platter.

This sounds more serious though I can't see how/why that could happen. I would like to know if other ppl have seen this (kind of considering getting that controller)

Inviato Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 1:42 pm
Tru$tno1 wrote :
I found a biit of a bug with bpm on copy. Normally you can copy the bpm from one deck to another by holding shift and using joystick- you cannot do this in VDJ.

Sounds like a mapping issue? Maybe check the factory mapping in the controllers tab to see if there is a definition + vdjscript action for it?

Inviato Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 1:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is currently no way to set the fx bpm in vdj separate from the deck bpm.

For the startup issue, if you want it to resemble real vinyl more, you can disable motorInstantStart
By default it's enabled so that you get instant (and optionally beat matched startup) when pressing play, without waiting for the platter to start spinning.

Inviato Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 1:51 pm
I noticed the issue with setting stop time too. Here is a video listen closely as the stop does not sound natural when the knob is moved off zero.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRopA9Fv/

Inviato Sun 04 Aug 24 @ 4:37 am