Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: OPUS QUAD + Virtual DJ's CDJ export feature
Hello. I'm going to be playing on an OPUS QUAD in a couple of days. I've used the CDJ export feature in VDJ to play my songs on CDJs and other stand alone mixers, but I've been reading that the OPUS QUAD is a bit different.

Does anyone know if the CDJ export feature in VDJ will still work on the OPUS QUAD. Will all my songs show up on my USB after using it?

Inviato Wed 11 Sep 24 @ 6:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Opus Quad (and Omnis Duo) are using the new Library Plus database structure for USB sticks, They will be able to see your Tracks, but not any Playlists, Cue points etc.

If you plan to use the Quad in standalone mode, at the moment your only chance is to ...
- Create/Update your USB sticks with VDJ.
- Then open Rekordbox and let it automatically add the Library Plus to those. RB will only do a conversion, wont change anything else.

Inviato Thu 12 Sep 24 @ 8:51 am
That's great info to know DJDAD, as never thought of that.

Would that be the same for the CDJ3000 too? or can they still read the old library formats?

Inviato Thu 12 Sep 24 @ 10:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
All other Pioneer devices properly read the "old" database structure (incl CDJ-3000), so the issue is just with the 2 mentioned above.

Remember, when RB converts the old-style to Library Plus, it still keeps the old database, it only adds the new one.

Inviato Thu 12 Sep 24 @ 11:12 am
Great to know, Thanks

Inviato Fri 13 Sep 24 @ 8:28 am
Was there a particular reason why they changed the DB?

Inviato Fri 13 Sep 24 @ 8:39 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Was there a particular reason why they changed the DB?

they changed the xml library to an "better version" one. this should be better for larger libraries and bigger drives.
Unfortunatly, there is still the limit of 1000 song per playlist which is ridiculous. For wedding DJs or open format DJs this is nonsense as long as you want to go standalone with these units.

Theoretically you could have 100000 songs on the drive as long as you have playlists all with the maximum of 1000 tracks.
That is what I had to do and it is still with library plus the case.

Inviato Sat 14 Sep 24 @ 6:36 am