Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: payed 249 and cannot download

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,

I bought the Hercules pack... nice, but: no downloads.
I think I'm in title paying for Hercules card + VirtualDJ when nothing is mentionned about trials or so...).
Or maybe I should install it the trial on a second pc??
Damn... who's fault is this? Hercules or Atomix?

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 03 @ 4:42 pm
Ok, I look for price of those complete software:

VDJ: 99
OTS DJ: 199
Storm: 149

Total :447

And you pay only 249 for all + the DJ Console !!! What a deal !!!!!

As you can see, you have a limited version of
all software. I don’t think you have to receive
the same option and advantage as the customer who pay for the full version of those software

Coyote

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 03 @ 7:02 pm
Sometimes when you buy some hardware you get a list of trial-software to demonstrate the full usage of the hardware.

I would not be suprised if the Hercules pack included some main software or just a driver and then a bunch of trial version DJ-programs. Was it mentioned anywhere that it was a licensedcopy of VirtualDJ. By that I mean... did it explicitly say it was a full version. If not, it can just be a salestrick to get you to buy the hardware. If they did, they should have provided you with a serial number so that you can register on this site. Only registered users can download effects.

But 249 seems very cheap to get the hardware AND a FULL version of VirtualDJ. My guess is that you just got the trial version, unless there is a joined sales effort between the producers of Hercules and Atomix Productions.

- Jim

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 03 @ 9:53 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, I think it says something like including Virtual DJ a full suite of dj software, or something like that.

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 03 @ 10:23 pm
It says "Complete, intuitive pro-quality DJ/music software suite specifically customized for DJ CONSOLE: Virtual DJ, the hottest ..."
and my exe-file is called "virtualdj_djc.exe"
So, it's customized indeed (probably more than just a different name of the exe-file). Makes me wander, if I spend 99$ for VirtualDJ, what that would do to my Console...
If Hercules and Atomix make a deal, that's good for verybody, that is... if it's a good deal. Now I'm out there without serial...
with a special version of the software (??)... and so on...
I' d rather like them to do what OTS (and most others) did:
In the box was a card with an offer on (see also: http://www.otslabs.com/hercules-offer).

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 10:40 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
LOL... OTS... Did you tried it? (I did!)
OTS... LOL.
At this time you have a not limited special version of VDJ for DJConsole. You need the console to use it, you can't change audio configuration, and you can't download more effets.
But it is full operational !... and far from... OTS (LOL one more time, do you really plan to mix with this... out of your home? ).

"So, it's customized ": NO, it's restricted
All you have in your version is available in the Full Version and more:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html
(this chart was in place a long time before the Hercules DJConsole came out)

Moreover, the full version will evolve while the DJConsole version may only be corrected:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=2618

you already have an update for your VDJ:
http://www.virtualdj.com/update.html
You can download all skins you want and more.

Please, could you make me laught one more time :)

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 11:12 am
Ok,

here we go: when I click download on the SKins, I get the next on screen ( and more of the same):

PK¹èýÕ'?î7[?rô¬? |s¿A_¾|yCnqúáÍÉô#JnN2ôOú?ÿP?Sý½mê?19M~?ü9à~Ðä×ËóéÕä ñc­~è£o7Áï¡·?U?â?ÃÐÿã?ìØÌcS?éUë DßÞ?4g?¾¿?V EÞ·Ý«ø#á÷0ò?#?Ü36+¶r³Û`q7Bó`lÞ?? ?[ë(6¸Px?ÊçP?hòÏøçýûâ6±^DoóÙßDÛØæN?ä·R?[9ÎéiüYtïÎ=ò»hã®Âµ»ñVÑ-Üùs³¡ðѽ ~¯þöÎÝ

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 11:25 am
that's not a matter, you may use an old navigator like Netscape 4.7 or so.
It open the file as text mode :(

Do a right click on the download link and select "save target as" (or some thing like this, I don't know the english version)

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 11:28 am
Serious now:
I used Opera 7.2, wrong software again I presume.. ;-)

I know, I tried OTS, didn't like it either. What I like though is VDJ (version 2 or 3). 10 channels, limitter/compressor,...
Too bad they don't have a console...
And I tired the trialversion of AmericanDJ too? ... PRO MIX software. Their console is at 750 EUR...
Any other suggestions?
About the price again: 249, plus 99 for software: 348.
Virtual DJ Pro is at 499? MMMhhh, maybe not a bad choice after all?

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 11:32 am
Suggestions:
Yes, VirtualDJ Full version (348 is less than 750/2)
Virtual DJ Pro of course is a good choise. You can't find better professional dual player for this price.
But the choice is yours, stay tune on virtualdj.com, look at how often VDJ is improved (come out on july only) and so on.
Try your new VDJ DJConsole version (1.07 with the update), you really need time and practice to discover all the power of this software.
I hope you will come with us :)

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 11:52 am
Hi,

used IE6 for the downloads (skins).

As for the software: I'm with VirtualDJ already, just didn't count on spending another 99... maybe it was too good an offer to be true :-(

I'll try it out on a few small 'home'-parties with friends (with back-up at hand, that's allways smart). Probably, the next step will be getting a full licensed version + serial. So I can use the Spin-up, and other FX.

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 12:15 pm
Good :)
Have fun!

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 03 @ 12:23 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)