Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Deleting some topics!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is it ok for you all, if we delete some topics?

The last weeks, the forum got a little big, so it´s hard to find relating topics until a search engine is insert. I think, that could make the search a lot easier.

mama

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 6:22 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Mama,

I think we could delete non important topics, such as blamings posts. But we should keep topics that contains good questions / answers, because it can help many users, even if these topics are old.

What do you think about that ?

- Dams -

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 6:39 pm
I do not agree. The so-called 'blaming' topics are informational and interesting. They make valid points and should be listened to. It is biased and unfair to delete such topics.

This is a general chat forum and everything here has the right to be viewed by customers and guests alike. I agree with ridding the forums of bad language and the such, but not deleting topics just because they have a go at Atomix. A lot of the blame is justified.

You cannot only accept topics and posts which spout goodness about Atomix. There are two sides to every story. Allow people to discuss those two sides and make the information for each available. People can and will form their own opinions after hearing both sides. That is natural and fair. What decision they come to is entirely up to them. Let this forum be democratic.

Again, I reiterate, this forum is general discussion.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 6:52 pm
Dams, you may not consider the 'blaming' topics to be important, but many others do. They are important as they show the bad side of Atomix, instead of the usual whitewashed claptrap we normally have to put up with.

As for leaving only the question/answer 'helpful' topics....Need I say that this forum is not a help forum, but a general discussion forum. If people want help they should post topics on the technical help forum. If people continue to use this forum for help topics, fine, so be it, but don't sacrifice other topics for the sake of that. We all have a right to free speech and in this forum we are encouraged by it's description to talk about things in general, since it is a general discussion forum.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 6:57 pm
Thanks all for your feedback!

I meant we should not delete discussed topics, if they contain blamings or not. But if you read some topics, there is said nothing constructive. Others are posted two or three times, or contain nothing but insults.

I think these types of topics could be deleted. What is your opinion?

mama

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 8:18 pm
I know what you mean...Some topics are just full of f**king this, **** that and so on. Those ones may as well go.

Those that are repeated, of course, may as well go.

It is getting very crowded on this forum with topics, many of which could go. For instance, there are lots of topics all advising how to get, say, 2 soundcards working, which all say the same thing more or less, why not delete all but one of them, and so on...

When the new version is (finally) released I think it would be a good idea to delete every single topic that has anything to do with asking/complaining/etc about it, as they will all be reduntant.

I recommend you do what you think is best.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 8:40 pm
DaSOHome userMember since 2001
I would like to say I agree the mixmaster and also that I appreciate mama asking us our opinion, before just deleting topics left and right, much thanks.

Inviato Sun 16 Sep 01 @ 2:34 am
Hmm...for some reason I can't log in...but this will work!!!

I think that prudent trimming of posts is ok,but a better idea would be to move the most recent topics to the top of the board. Also, when a topic has a reply added, it too should be moved to the top of the board. If you are looking for any examples of this, check out any ezboard site or just about any other board. It makes it a LOT easier to visit the boards!

-John-o

Inviato Sun 16 Sep 01 @ 4:29 am
That´s a good idea. I´ll ask Pol for doing this soon.

mama

Inviato Sun 16 Sep 01 @ 9:46 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)