Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crackling on sound output...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

All the tunes I play in Atomix suffer from a nasty crackling, but only during certain parts, it seems to be only the parts with bass in them.

Is this a soundcard issue, I have the same problem in Winamp, what could it be??

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 01 @ 11:51 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you use Win2000, it depends on the OS. This "W2k bug" is corrected in the new version.

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 7:10 am
I'm using Win2000 Service Pack 2, 5.00.2195.

Will this be the problem? It does happen with WinAmp as well...

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 8:25 am
I made a mistake, the crackling is only apparent on Atomix. Both the sound from WinAmp and Windows is fine with no crackling whatsoever. Does this mean then, basically, that Atomix is not compatible with Windows 2000?

I'm sure there was no crackling at all when I was using Atomix the other day...I may have installed DirectX 8a after that...

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 3:08 pm
Yepp, it´s a problem with W2k. In the new version, this bug is corrected!

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 3:17 pm
In that case, I have even more reason for wanting the new version of Atomix released as soon as possible.

Isn't there any way around this at the moment? Why don't Atomix make a patch that will stop the crackling now?

I'm sure there was no crackling when I was using DirectX 7, but the only way of going back to that now is by re-installing Windows which I don't want to do...

At the moment I can't do any mixes worth recording because of this crackling sound. Atomix specified that it was compatible with ALL versions of Windows, but it is not. I have paid for Atomix in the belief that I could use it under Win2000. Atomix should feel obligated to release a patch for it now. Saying that the problem is corrected in the new version is not of much use to me, since I have no idea when the new version will be released, it could still be a long way off, and I want to record mixes now.

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 7:20 pm
You CAN deinstall DirectX back to version 7. There are a lot of manuals in the net.

We can´t offer a patch because of the structure of the software. That´s why we coded a complete new engine, so we can modify the next release faster and easier if it´s necessary.

Be sure we work hard on it, but what would you do, if you get a buggy new version that clicks and freezes every 5 min. and that won´t work with WinXP if you upgrade?

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 10:40 pm
"WE can't offer a patch?" - I thought you stated you were not affiliated with the Atomix Team, you were just a rich business executive?

Who in their right mind would upgrade to Windows XP? All of the rubbish they have incorporated to try and combat piracy has made the program a nonsense. Who the hell would want the hassle of having to contact Microsoft every time they put a new piece of hardware in their computer, or every time they wanted to format and re-install (which they can only do a maximum of 8 times before having to buy WinXP again). Microdosh have got even greedier and they are now going to damage their sales. They are making gigantic profits EVEN WITH piracy. They make me sick. Capitalist money hoarders. What a world we live in...

Anyway, the sound is fine now, I installed a different soundcard driver and the crackling has gone. I cannot do any mixes still because Windows 2000 keeps crashing, but that is nothing to do with Atomix, it crashes whatever I am doing...

I have got service pack 2, directx 8a, and the most recent windows critical update package, but nothing helps...I have even installed the newest VIA 4in1 drivers, but still no luck....I don't know.

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 10:59 pm
By the way, on my motherboard (Jetway 663AS Pro/Via VT8363/VT 82C686B KT133 Chipset) I have a jumper setting for the 'CPU front side bus frequency setting'. This is set to 100Mhz as default, but can be changed to 133Mhz. What setting should I have this on, and what would I need to do after changing it? I have 133Mhz SDRAM, so should I be running the motherboard at that frequency to gain the most advantage? That jumper is the only one on the motherboard, so I assume that the CPU frequency multiplier will adjust itself automatically to put the CPU speed at 1Ghz...

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 11:06 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)